+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wow... just wow... (skip to second portion for props to giants)

wow... just wow... (skip to second portion for props to giants)

i expected this to be a game like this. i expected a low scoring, very close game. all those people expecting a blowout from either team were kind of overkill with homerism but wow, i never thought we would shoot ourselves in the foot with the bad adjustments and mental lapses, it's safe to say kyle williams will be hated by most 49ers fans for a long time,

but i'll give credit where it's promptly due, the giants outplayed us greatly today that was a sloppy game and giants just executed better, i will be pulling for you in the super bowl because one, i don't like the patriots. and two, it you can play like that on super bowl sunday then you should represent the nfc in the super bowl, great game will see you in later years.. i'll accept smack talk about you're team for now but i will be back on these boards in offseason preseason regular season and postseason especially if my niners play the giants in the future

Re: wow... just wow... (skip to second portion for props to giants)

I think we all saw that the Niners aren't a team w/ plans to go anywhere. I've posted / tweeted / facebooked about 10 times raving about that defense.

I can't say the Giants were lucky to get the win, they earned it. The 49ers made them fight for every inch.

If the shoe was on the other foot, I'd be rooting for San Fran in the Super Bowl, after a few days to get over the loss.

I'm thrilled for my Giants and impressed w/ Harbaugh and his Niners.

hats off to you decent 9er fans, to you who are respectable

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

I never expected blowout. but my prediction was close. I think i said 24-17 giants. I knew you were a legit defense. Great game and good luck next year to the niners
    "...two minute drill at the end of each quarter, Ya'know with the wind like this blowing mooch and marshall into the ocean...If that's behind me I think were getting 3 from 70 so holla at your boy. IF YOU DON"T PICK ME THAT'S A JOKE RIGHT?" - Justin Tucker, Ravens kicker

Complain?, ain't Nobody got time for dat!

GO GIANTS!

[quote user="RugDaniels"]I think we all saw that the Niners aren't a team w/ plans to go anywhere. I've posted / tweeted / facebooked about 10 times raving about that defense.

I can't say the Giants were lucky to get the win, they earned it. The 49ers made them fight for every inch.

If the shoe was on the other foot, I'd be rooting for San Fran in the Super Bowl, after a few days to get over the loss.

I'm thrilled for my Giants and impressed w/ Harbaugh and his Niners.[/quote]

aren't??? maybe you meant are but fact is giants outperformed when it mattered most 3rd downs killed us not williams (ok we will hate him for quite awhile but i will get over it he has potential) but with the stats for our 3rd downs that is what cost us the game and that has been the bane of our offense all year. they will get better once they have the entire playbook installed and known well (at about 70% installed right now) but i have a feeling we will see you in the playoffs again

Your team has some dysfunction (nothing on offense but Gore and VD) but man your defense is stout. No doubt you are back in the NFC picture.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

[quote user="NinerDieHard"][quote user="RugDaniels"]I think we all saw that the Niners aren't a team w/ plans to go anywhere. I've posted / tweeted / facebooked about 10 times raving about that defense.

No, you're right. The Niners ARE NOT going anywhere. I fully expect them to be in the mix for the next few years. Harbaugh's probably coach of the year too.

I'm thrilled for my Giants and impressed w/ Harbaugh and his Niners.[/quote]

aren't??? maybe you meant are but fact is giants outperformed when it mattered most 3rd downs killed us not williams (ok we will hate him for quite awhile but i will get over it he has potential) but with the stats for our 3rd downs that is what cost us the game and that has been the bane of our offense all year. they will get better once they have the entire playbook installed and known well (at about 70% installed right now) but i have a feeling we will see you in the playoffs again[/quote]

I must tell you the way these guys were playing earlier in the year I wouldn't have guess this was even possible.I must admit they have really turned it around and are playing like their SB yr in 07,and they have me itching for that SB game.Props to those fans who saw this even when we were playing awful.One more and we will have 4 SB titles,then we can start to be mention as one of the best football organization ever.It's going to take everything we have to win this one just like last time we played them.This time their defense isn't as good but their offense is just as explosive if not better.Our offense is even better than that last SB and our D has showed up.Save the best game for last guys and we will once again be champs.

All-Pro

[quote user="NinerDieHard"]i expected this to be a game like this. i expected a low scoring, very close game. all those people expecting a blowout from either team were kind of overkill with homerism but wow, i never thought we would shoot ourselves in the foot with the bad adjustments and mental lapses, it's safe to say kyle williams will be hated by most 49ers fans for a long time,

but i'll give credit where it's promptly due, the giants outplayed us greatly today that was a sloppy game and giants just executed better, i will be pulling for you in the super bowl because one, i don't like the patriots. and two, it you can play like that on super bowl sunday then you should represent the nfc in the super bowl, great game will see you in later years.. i'll accept smack talk about you're team for now but i will be back on these boards in offseason preseason regular season and postseason especially if my niners play the giants in the future[/quote]
    Both teams played their hearts out. SF pounded Eli all day. But he is one tough SOB. It was like a chess match with both Ds coming up big time and time again.

Overall well played game considering the conditions. Was it only 2 turnovers? The whole game, in those conditions. And not a ton of drops like u would think with wet balls.

Overall niners have nothing to be ashamed of and from what I can see will be a contender for years to come
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

All-Pro

Oh and I was wrong, I said niners and smith and Harbough would crack under the pressure of the moment due to inexperience. That didn't happen. They were very poised

Well the two major mistakes happened to the home team.. That was the difference. In a game like that u have to just bide your time and wait for the other team to screw up.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

+ Reply to Thread