+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Well, congratulations.

Veteran

Re: Well, congratulations.

[quote user="casvdry"][quote user="TheBookOfEli"]Only our WR's and Dline stand out? Our Elite QB doesn't stand out to you?

Admit it, you know you think that goofy looking guy is an Elite QB.[/quote]

Well, to me, Eli is in the perfect situation. I think I'm a little bitter about the whole thing to be honest with you. Eli makes improbable plays to be sure and I'm a bit jealous that Romo can't have a team like the Giants around him. Romo has more or less wasted his career away on a team that rarely gives him all that much help. Not a perfect QB to be sure, but Romo could certainly go all the way in my opinion.

[/quote]I can understand that.. I agree that romo is serviceable.. & is capable of a good playoff run, but his supporting cast not to shabby at all. Great TE, Great HB, 3 very good WRs, stud RT...
    Your team has a culture issue,, Coaching is your teams main problem

the giants run is only teaching me the season is indeed a marathan

I thought they were left for dead after the 2nd eagles game smh....

[quote user="appletree943"]the giants run is only teaching me the season is indeed a marathan

I thought they were left for dead after the 2nd eagles game smh....[/quote]

all the talent in the world doesn't mean **** if they can't co-exist and work as a Team.

here's looking forward to more Eagirl implosions and empty trophy cases [B]

(as nicely as I can put it, cause the trolls this post-season have been beyond ridic...)

not that you're a troll Applenuts but...

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Veteran

[quote user="GMenNY21"][quote user="casvdry"][quote user="TheBookOfEli"]Only our WR's and Dline stand out? Our Elite QB doesn't stand out to you?

Admit it, you know you think that goofy looking guy is an Elite QB.[/quote]

Well, to me, Eli is in the perfect situation. I think I'm a little bitter about the whole thing to be honest with you. Eli makes improbable plays to be sure and I'm a bit jealous that Romo can't have a team like the Giants around him. Romo has more or less wasted his career away on a team that rarely gives him all that much help. Not a perfect QB to be sure, but Romo could certainly go all the way in my opinion.

[/quote]I can understand that.. I agree that romo is serviceable.. & is capable of a good playoff run, but his supporting cast not to shabby at all. Great TE, Great HB, 3 very good WRs, stud RT...
    Your team has a culture issue,, Coaching is your teams main problem[/quote]

I no longer believe it's coaching. Ryan might be in a bit over his head, but I think he doesn't have much to work with on defense. Ware, Lee, who else? As far as staff is concerned there is only one man I look at now: Jerry Jones.

The guy has made some of the most stupid decisions in regards to this team the past several years. Cycling out the coaching every few years isn't going to help this team. The problem is culture related, but not in relation to coaching. It's in relation to attitude. Not enough enforcers, too many "good guys" who would rather help the opposition off the turf rather than kick dust up in their faces. That and a lack of talent on the defensive side of the ball. You can bet your last dollar that if Romo and the offense don't put a ton of points up, the defense is going to wet the bed.

You can't trust this defense at all. With a defense this bad, if your offense isn't Packer/Saints elite, you're not going to be able to make up for it.

Plus, I think people overrate our WR now. I used to think we had a very strong WR corp but I'm not so sure any more. An Austin who can't stay healthy, a Bryant who still has to reach his potential (And he still may) and hopefully they get Robinson re-resigned.

Veteran

[quote user="appletree943"]the giants run is only teaching me the season is indeed a marathan

I thought they were left for dead after the 2nd eagles game smh....[/quote]

Every year there's a team like that though, right? A team that's left for dead and then makes a deep run. GB last year, Jets the year before, Arizona AND Philly the year before that...

Veteran

CASVDRY - I appreciate the thanks, and you have always been easy to chat with on these boards, but lets face if Eli doesn't jump out to you your just being unfair and will never admit it.

You wish romo had the same team around him ? You mean the worst run game in football? or was that the 22nd rank defense?

or did the most 4th quarter td's EVER in one year not do it for you? Or was the most road playoff games won not enough. How bout 6 come from behind wins in the 4th?

Look i like Tony - but whats it gonna take for people to realize Eli is doing it over and over in HUGE games. Elite is a laugh - TRY ONE OF THE MOST CLUTCH PLAYERS IN THE NFL.

And our wideouts are the best in the NFL - our collection of D ends as well.

Starter

It takes some big brass ones to come on here and say something like that so instead of grilling you about what you didn't say I'm just gonna say thanks for the compliments and best of luck to and your team in the future.

Veteran

Agreed JPP - and thanks casvdry - while i dont agree with your eli take - i appreciate the kind words.

Veteran

Like I said, it's probably the bitterness. I'm trying to warm up in giving your team credit where credit is due, it's not exactly... easy.

Veteran

[quote user="dave56dj"]CASVDRY - I appreciate the thanks, and you have always been easy to chat with on these boards, but lets face if Eli doesn't jump out to you your just being unfair and will never admit it.

You wish romo had the same team around him ? You mean the worst run game in football? or was that the 22nd rank defense?

or did the most 4th quarter td's EVER in one year not do it for you? Or was the most road playoff games won not enough. How bout 6 come from behind wins in the 4th?

Look i like Tony - but whats it gonna take for people to realize Eli is doing it over and over in HUGE games. Elite is a laugh - TRY ONE OF THE MOST CLUTCH PLAYERS IN THE NFL.

And our wideouts are the best in the NFL - our collection of D ends as well.[/quote]

Yeah what stands out to me the most is your WR. They seem to grow on trees on your team, somehow.

I didn't mean any disrespect by leaving Eli out. I'm just giving my opposing view. It's not like Eli is a weakness on your team and your team wins in spite of him, I was simply pointing out what stands out the most to me.

It's just an overall bitterness. I feel like Romo is a good QB and really has the short end of the stick due to his team. Our defense has never risen to the occasion and been more than a flash in the pan. The end of 2009 was a flash in the pan. They returned largely the same personnel the following year and we saw what happened.

+ Reply to Thread