+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Gotta believe we can win this weekend

27-24 Giants win over GB ..... i just gotta feeling from Fewells interview that he knows this is it, do or die and his jobs on the line. I gotta feeling this week were gonna see a complete turnaround from the last few weeks.

******EDIT******

Giants 35 - 31 over the Cowboys...lets start a road war !!!

Re: Gotta believe we can win this weekend

I think the "Real" chance to get into the play-offs is to win the Division. The Giants need to play strong, win or lose against the Packers, get some confidence back, and get ready for the Cowboys and the games after that.

All-Pro

[quote user="britishblue2"]27-24 Giants win ..... i just gotta feeling from Fewells interview that he knows this is it, do or die and his jobs on the line. I gotta feeling this week were gonna see a complete turnaround from the last few weeks.[/quote]

I wish I shared your optimism. But as you said they woudl need a complete and dramatic turnaround from the last two weeks preformances. If it was a sheme thing or even the issue of these guys playing with "pride" I would say yeah. But its more than that. I truly think there are few guys on defense that dont really have the system down and what they need to do. Why does it take three losses to for the DC to get pissed and come out swinging???

They can make a game of it but I think they stay pumped for a little while during the game then they will lose their steam and get blown out....

Eli has been pushing the last four games as well. He has had 5 picks in 4 games. He cant have that at all vs the Pack. No picks, no fumbles, no turnovers. No extra opportunities for that offense.

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

We just need a running game to win and we dont have that right now but there is always a chance!

I've been saying since Weds. that I think we're going to win this game. I've watched all the interviews too, and something just feels different this week. Our players sound confident, optimistic, and having Strahan come in to fire these guys up can only help. Coughlin sounds surprisingly upbeat and optimistic,too. This team is better than the beatdown they got last week, and they know it. They got absolutely nothing to lose this week. I think they're going to leave it all on the field. It's all just my gut feeling. I'm not normally Mr. Positive, but I seriously think we're going to win this one...

All the media outlets and calling for a Giants upset over the Packers even with all the new injuries just announced. Beatty gone, Osi out 2-4 wks. MM could be gone... still picking us to pull out the win. go figure
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

All-Pro

[quote user="fightngiant"]We just need a running game to win and we dont have that right now but there is always a chance!
    [/quote]

hmmm....you sure about that???

I would think a pass rush would be nice. How about the D being to stop the run and the pass???

The Giants are hurting right now ina few areas. The would need a dramatic turnaround to even be competitve in this game.....

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

[quote user="fightngiant"]We just need a running game to win and we dont have that right now but there is always a chance!
    [/quote]

Is there a chance that AB plays in this game to give us a spark or has he been ruled out again? I heard on ESPN First take yesterday that they pick the giants to pull the upset and mentioned AB is playing but i have seen nothing to back that up on Giants.com

Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Veteran

even if we beat GB we still HAVE to beat Dallas anyways . so i hope we dont lose any players this game

i think the giants win this game too. not predicting a score, but i'm more confident this week than i was last week. i actually kinda expected the blowout last sunday, still shocked me a bit to actually see it though play out like that though.