+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Cowboys 14-1 Giants 80-1..how can this be?

Took the Giants @ 50-1 with a 20 stake at season start and these two were

GB 7-1
    NO 10-1

Giants are now 80-1 .... and the Cowboys 14-1 over here in the UK. How on earth do the bookies come up with such a huge gap in odds between 2 pretty equal teams ???

Re: Cowboys 14-1 Giants 80-1..how can this be?

What site can I lay some money on the gmen. Call me crazy but oh well. I made worst bet

[quote user="GIANTSACK"]What site can I lay some money on the gmen. Call me crazy but oh well. I made worst bet[/quote] Hey mate, if you go to "oddschecker.com" that has a load of quality bookmakers all on one site. "Ladbrokes" a UK bookie is offering 80-1 on the Giants at this moment in time mate

[quote user="britishblue2"]Took the Giants @ 50-1 with a 20 stake at season start and these two were

GB 7-1
    NO 10-1

Giants are now 80-1 .... and the Cowboys 14-1 over here in the UK. How on earth do the bookies come up with such a huge gap in odds between 2 pretty equal teams ???[/quote]

Sweeping a division rival that is playing light years better than you is a GIGANTIC task. That would be my guess for the huge gap in odds.

[quote user="britishblue2"]Took the Giants @ 50-1 with a 20 stake at season start and these two were

GB 7-1
    NO 10-1

Giants are now 80-1 .... and the Cowboys 14-1 over here in the UK. How on earth do the bookies come up with such a huge gap in odds between 2 pretty equal teams ???[/quote]

Sweeping a division rival that is playing light years better than you is a GIGANTIC task. That would be my guess for the huge gap in odds.

[quote user="Giantsin04"][quote user="britishblue2"]Took the Giants @ 50-1 with a 20 stake at season start and these two were

GB 7-1
    NO 10-1

Sweeping a division rival that is playing light years better than you is a GIGANTIC task. That would be my guess for the huge gap in odds.[/quote]Yeah the Cowboys need 1 win against the Giants to finish the division thats why. Cowboys are 14-1 just because there in the playoffs in the eyes of the oddsmakers.There odds probably wont get much better. Whats the Packers 1-1

One's getting hot at the right time, the other is getting cold at the wrong time.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

because we are 3-7 vs winning teams in the last 2 years.

Because we have been outscored by an average of 10 points vs winning teams in the last 2 years.

Because we average over 3 turnovers per game vs winning teams in the last 2 years.

Because since the NFL decided to change the way schedules are done. Putting Conference games late in the season, we have been a non factor.

Because the Cowboys have coaches that seem to get the most out of his players late in the year. TC's win loss record with the Giants late in the season is horrendous.

There ya go...

Pretty obvious.

[quote user="BlueSanta"]because we are 3-7 vs winning teams in the last 2 years.

Because we have been outscored by an average of 10 points vs winning teams in the last 2 years.

Because we average over 3 turnovers per game vs winning teams in the last 2 years.

Because since the NFL decided to change the way schedules are done. Putting Conference games late in the season, we have been a non factor.

Because the Cowboys have coaches that seem to get the most out of his players late in the year. TC's win loss record with the Giants late in the season is horrendous.

There ya go...
    [/quote]

Most of those are accurate except for...

"Because the Cowboys have coaches that seem to get the most out of his players late in the year."

Their coaches don't have history of that. In fact, they don't a history of anything with this being their first year. Actually, the Cowboys have recent history of melting down at the worst possible moments