+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bench Player

Some will call it "luck," I call it mental toughness

Fumbles, penalties, dropped passes, ridiculous completions etc... are more likely products of mental toughness or lack thereof. The game was won today, just as it was won in Green Bay, because of mental toughness. Not luck, or because the other team was off.

You gotta have guts to make the throw Eli made to Tyree in SB 42. You gotta be mentally tough and unafraid. You gotta be mentally tough and disciplined to make the catch Hakeem Nicks made in the hail mary pass to him in GB. You gotta be mentally tough to not fumble the football while returning a kick.

Tired of haters, dubbing themselves "realists," attributing the success of the Giants, or any team, to luck. Negates everything. If you want to talk about luck, then anyone can go back to almost any point of any game and talk about that 1 "lucky" moment that could have made a difference. It's not really as valid an argument as some might think.

Bench Player

Re: Some will call it "luck," I call it mental toughness

I call it Special Teams!!!!!

Luck?!? Luck, my a**!! The better team won this game, pure and simple.

[quote user="ErnieReese"]Fumbles, penalties, dropped passes, ridiculous completions etc... are more likely products of mental toughness or lack thereof. The game was won today, just as it was won in Green Bay, because of mental toughness. Not luck, or because the other team was off.

You gotta have guts to make the throw Eli made to Tyree in SB 42. You gotta be mentally tough and unafraid. You gotta be mentally tough and disciplined to make the catch Hakeem Nicks made in the hail mary pass to him in GB. You gotta be mentally tough to not fumble the football while returning a kick.

Tired of haters, dubbing themselves "realists," attributing the success of the Giants, or any team, to luck. Negates everything. If you want to talk about luck, then anyone can go back to almost any point of any game and talk about that 1 "lucky" moment that could have made a difference. It's not really as valid an argument as some might think.[/quote]Lol the funny part About it is these people that call it luck are running out of teams for them to say will beat us
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

All-Pro

How where they lucky?

Bench Player

I would go well beyond mental toughness. Our D was knocking the holy hell out of Eli and the guy kept getting up and balling. Seriously tough SOB.

[quote user="SF4986"]I would go well beyond mental toughness. Our D was knocking the holy hell out of Eli and the guy kept getting up and balling. Seriously tough SOB.[/quote]
    Yes been saying it for a long time. He is now only QB in NFL History to win 5 Road Playoff games.

Taking nothing away from niners. I said it would come down to the inexperience of niners in a game this large. And it did. In a game this close in bad weather, having the experience Eli and others have to draw from helps. They didn't panic. They just kept playing and waited for niners to make crucial mistakes.

And turns out the guy replacing Ginn made both game changing turnovers
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Bench Player

why do you care? Luck, Skill, Devine intervention.. YOU WON...

[quote user="miked1958"][quote user="SF4986"]I would go well beyond mental toughness. Our D was knocking the holy hell out of Eli and the guy kept getting up and balling. Seriously tough SOB.[/quote] Yes been saying it for a long time. He is now only QB in NFL History to win 5 Road Playoff games. Taking nothing away from niners. I said it would come down to the inexperience of niners in a game this large. And it did. In a game this close in bad weather, having the experience Eli and others have to draw from helps. They didn't panic. They just kept playing and waited for niners to make crucial mistakes[/quote]

mental toughness comes from experience.

i said in a thread last week i leaned towards the Giants in this game because of experience.

i thought they were patient and took advantage of opportunities.

Eli is a tough qb. i never realized until this game how tough he is. never changes.

if the giants doesn't capitalize on those two TO we wouldn't be talking about luck. all the teams in history of sports that have moved on to the playoffs in has had some form of "luck". if this didn't happened what if.