+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Who has a better overall secondary than us?

Just curious what people think. Now that Prince is in the mix...I think we have a pretty good one.

Not saying the best but certainly one of the better ones.

Say what you want about our safties but they are pretty good. Webby and Prince are both good cover guys. What other teams can say that?

Re: Who has a better overall secondary than us?

How you came to a conclusion that prince is a good cover guy is beyond me, he's got potential.

I'll tell you this, Aaron Ross is horrible in every sense of the word. Teams pick on him. I don't care if he has 3 picks this year, he's let up countless touchdowns and long pass plays plus the fact he seems to fumble every other punt return.

Teams who have a good secondary usually have a great dline, a dline that doesn't give the wr and qb 10 seconds to get open, like our line.

[quote user="hadenough"]Just curious what people think. Now that Prince is in the mix...I think we have a pretty good one. Not saying the best but certainly one of the better ones. Say what you want about our safties but they are pretty good. Webby and Prince are both good cover guys. What other teams can say that?[/quote]

There is lot more to the secondary than just two CBs....

How do you know what Prince is even like yet?? He has been in two games...

Webster is a good to very good. Overall the Giants pass D sucks....as does their run D.

Ross...overall is decent.

A lot has to do with no pressure from the Dline and the LBs are non existent underneath.

I also think Rolle and Phillips get on the play too late for the over top help or in double coverage. Or maybe they are making up for the poor LB coverage. Grant.....too slow and takes angles like he can get there when he cant.

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

[quote user="hadenough"]Just curious what people think. Now that Prince is in the mix...I think we have a pretty good one. Not saying the best but certainly one of the better ones. Say what you want about our safties but they are pretty good. Webby and Prince are both good cover guys. What other teams can say that?[/quote]

Your posting this 4 days after we got torched by Drew Brees and the Saints offense??? They certainly didnt look like anything special on Monday night.

So who has a better secondary?

It certainly will be a lot better with Terrell Thomas and Chad Jones in the mix next year. Right now not so good.

MOST teams have a better secondary than the Giants. I don't like our secondary at all, I think it's very overrated, with some big names that don't actually produce much. Look at last year... any game where the pass rush was held in check by the opposing teams' O-line? Our secondary got absolutely torched. From the Colts game early in the year to the 2nd Cowboys game against Kitna, to the Packers game that basically ended our season. Is this year any different? The Saints hold our pass rush in check, and our secondary is completely helpless.

[quote user="hadenough"]So who has a better secondary?[/quote]

Most teams do. The entire defense has been an absolute embarrassment for three straight years now.

Veteran

[quote user="nhpgiantsfan"]

Lol. I know right.

Your posting this 4 days after we got torched by Drew Brees and the Saints offense???* They certainly didnt look like anything special on Monday night.

[/quote]

[quote user="eastbayblue"]It certainly will be a lot better with Terrell Thomas and Chad Jones in the mix next year. Right now not so good.
    [/quote]Chad Jones? Good kid, potential great story but easy on that prediction.
    No one remembers who came in second.