+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Restaurants in the area?

We are staying in a hotel in the Meadowlands area a mile or two west of the stadium (Lyndhust it looks like) after the GB game. We're looking for a nice restaurant to hit up after the game. Any suggestions from you guys that know the area well? Steaks, seafood, highend italain, etc.. something nice. 4 guys - not looking for some metrosexual, techno music playing, trendy manhattan, beautiful people *** joint if you catch my drift. I know that Hoboken is not far. Is it worth going there?
    Any help would be appreciated... Thanks.

Re: Restaurants in the area?

I usually high-tail it back to the Jersey suburbs via route 3 and there's surprisingly little there, even as far as malls go, there's a few diners and fast food joints but nothing special. You might be able to find a good restaurant like a Ruth's Chris or something in one of the big hotels near the stadium.

For real good food it probably makes more sense to go into Manhattan. I hear Peter Luger has the best steaks even better than Ruth's Chris, they're in Brooklyn just over the bridge. There's a Ruth's Chris on the Jersey side in Weehawken.

You can probably find some good eats in Hoboken, it's a happening place now, college crowd and young hipsters that work in Manhattan.

I just hope the Packers game leaves you with an appetite.

Again, I don't usually linger at the stadium so I'll ask some others to chime in.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

[quote user="SweetZombieJesus"]I usually high-tail it back to the Jersey suburbs via route 3 and there's surprisingly little there, even as far as malls go, there's a few diners and fast food joints but nothing special. You might be able to find a good restaurant like a Ruth's Chris or something in one of the big hotels near the stadium.

For real good food it probably makes more sense to go into Manhattan. I hear Peter Luger has the best steaks even better than Ruth's Chris, they're in Brooklyn just over the bridge. There's a Ruth's Chris on the Jersey side in Weehawken.

You can probably find some good eats in Hoboken, it's a happening place now, college crowd and young hipsters that work in Manhattan.

I just hope the Packers game leaves you with an appetite.

Again, I don't usually linger at the stadium so I'll ask some others to chime in.
    [/quote]Exactly what I was thinking.

www.segoviarestaurant.com, you will not be dissapointed. Awesome food, huge portions. Hop ina cab after the game and it's a mile or 2 from the stadium. Couple of bars on the same road if you wanted to stop after dinner.

[quote user="NJBLUEBLOOD"]

www.segoviarestaurant.com, you will not be dissapointed.* Awesome food, huge portions.* Hop in*a cab after the game and it's a mile or 2 from the stadium.* Couple of bars on the same road if you wanted to stop after dinner.

[/quote]

Thanks man. Place looks great. I was a little skeptical with it being a spanish place ( I was thinking little tapas and sangria) - not Ideal for 4 guys looking to destroy steaks, beers and vodkas. But, a closer look and it seems to fit the bill...

I heartily recommend DeStafanos in B'klyn. Been to Peter Lugars several times and will take the former any day ! Steaks are great and the service is like being with family ( if you have a nice one that is :-)
    Parking is easy as are the prices !!

Segovia is a great place. Also for high end Italian, just up the road from Segovia is another great restaurant called Gianna's. Can't go wrong with either one imho.

http://giannas.biz/index.html

There's a italian joint in the village called Da Silvano.....me & my family are good friends with he owner, great food, cozy & not too fancy, also very good chance of sitting next to a celeb....

If your looking for a steak spot in the city you have sparks steakhouse , where Paul castellano got wacked....

smith & Wollensky is also very good in the city & Peter Lugar in Brooklyn.....

Idk much about jersey...

I live in Hoboken and will vouch for it......great place......it's got any kind of food you could want but if you're looking fora great inexpensive steak go to Arthur's on Washington and 3rd......can't go wrong with a good steak and liter beers: http://www.arthurstavern.com/hoboken/index.html

From there there's pretty much a bar on every corner.....I'm not hipster nor a metrosexual either so I stick to the Irish Pub type places......Dubliner, Hobson's Choice, The Shannon, McSwiggan's, Mulligan's, etc......all within a few steps from each other......but it's also got you're typical sports bars, lounges, etc.....you'll find most on the main strip....Washington Street.

Easy access to and from Lyndhurst too......not sure if you guys are drivingto the game but you can train itto Hoboken right outside the stadium last train leaves at 8:48pm and takes you into town. From there you can cab it anywhere or walk......town is only a Mile Square.....hence the nickname.If you're driving throw it in a garage.....if not then there's a ton of cabs.....probably not too bad of a fare to and from Lyndhurst ($30/range).

Hope this helps. Enjoy.

where did you end up going? Been to segovia before never after gameday. Was thinking of going this sunday after the gamebut wanted to see if it was a zoo.