+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Giants must utilize no huddle against GB....

...to grab a lead...or possibly to keep up with GB. If we can jump out to a significant lead then we can burn the clock with runs, screansand short to intermediate passing. However, Perry!!!>>>We have to maintain an all out effort to keep pressure on Rodgers...very simple...give Rodgers time and we lose...no soft coverage on WR's...make them be physical to run their route/disrupt timing...I hate to sound so obvious, but more than one coach isn't getting it!

All-Pro

Re: Giants must utilize no huddle against GB....

I've read this board and have heard sports radio guys and callers all ask for this and it has yet to happen. Don't see anything changing this week. In fact another problem I have with the offense is how they still try to run the clock to 0 when they can't score in the 1st half and have no running game. They let the defense dig in while other offenses, like the Saints and Packers play a high pace offense and get the defense tired. We will see the Giant defenders with their hands on their hips by the 3rd series.

It really boggles the mind at times. Its obvious Eli and the O run the no huddle or hurry up pretty good when needed. I just dont get why they dont do it more often. Mix it in here and there. I am a fan of letting the coaches coach and giving them the benefit of the doubt that they know what they are doing.

But its seems like a no brainer to me to let Eli run the hurry up....

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

the last thing you want to do is score quick and give Rodgers the ball back

our best defense sunday will be our offense having long sustained drives that come away with TDs

period

All-Pro

[quote user="YATittle1962"]the last thing you want to do is score quick and give Rodgers the ball back

our best defense sunday will be our offense having long sustained drives that come away with TDs

period[/quote]

Right, but isn't the best way to do that by running the ball?

Not sure they are capable of doing that.

[quote user="YATittle1962"]the last thing you want to do is score quick and give Rodgers the ball back

period[/quote]
    IF we can do that, and thats a huge IF....that would be the most logical and methodical way of beating the pack

period[/quote]

id say go TDs first, then long drives second. obviously it is ideal against the pack to eat clock and score TDs, but i just dont think we can do that with our running game. i think sometimes we pass the ball well on drives then get close to the red zone and try to eat clock by running it, and end up with FGs bc of losses and penalties.

score anyway possible. dont worry about the clock. worry about the score. if in some way the giants get up by multiple scores this game, then yes, try to sustain long drives to kill clock, but dont just think running it is the answer. otherwise, just put up points.

last season we had a big lead vs. the eagles because of solid passing, and tried to run out the clock. that led to the eagles getting the ball even more and eventually winning. stick with what works and keep your foot on the gas. dont give rodgers and their offense any breathing room.

just my take, fwiw.

Veteran

period[/quote]

I understand your logic, but I disagree.

The best approach is for Eli & Co. to get into a rhythym and score points. I don't care if it take 2 minutes or 5 minutes, whatever it takes to score.

I think Eli and the rest of the team play better in an up-tempo offense, anyway.

I want the offense to take are long or as quick as required, but just score.

Like you said, long drives with TD's would be awesome, but it's the TDs and not the time, that concern me.

Chances are the Giants will need that clock in the 2nd half anyway.

period[/quote]

++++++1111111
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

[quote user="buddy33"][quote user="YATittle1962"]the last thing you want to do is score quick and give Rodgers the ball back

period[/quote]

Right, but isn't the best way to do that by running the ball?

Not sure they are capable of doing that.[/quote]

I think we saw a glimpse of enough of a running game Monday night to have that hope, especially with Bradshaw on tap to return. The running game doesn't have top be the best ever, just good enough to make the passing game hummmmmmmmm
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1