+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Eli Manning is Elite and is right up there with Brees, Brady and all the other clowns.

Eli got a very bad rap right from the beginning. Even Giant fans were very unfair to him. I never had any doubt right from his first year. His poise in the pocket, not getting flustered and his arm were signs right form the begining. I feel so good that I was dead on. I'm a big Eli fan and I hope he's our QB for many years to come. He's 30 and he's going to his 2nd SB. He made things happen and got his receivers the ball. He is definetely one of the top 5 QBs and will be the #1 QB in no more than two more seasons. Thank God we have him. Eli is the MVP of this post season in my book.

Re: Eli Manning is Elite and is right up there with Brees, Brady and all the other clowns.

[quote user="RCJINTS"]Eli got a very bad rap right from the beginning. Even Giant fans were very unfair to him. I never had any doubt right from his first year. His poise in the pocket, not getting flustered and his arm were signs right form the begining. I feel so good that I was dead on. I'm a big Eli fan and I hope he's our QB for many years to come. He's 30 and he's going to his 2nd SB. He made things happen and got his receivers the ball. He is definetely one of the top 5 QBs and will be the #1 QB in no more than two more seasons. Thank God we have him. Eli is the MVP of this post season in my book.[/quote]

I love Eli. He's an elite QB, no doubt.

Better than Brady, Brees, Rodgers, or even Peyton? No. But I'd put him right after that as the 5th best QB in the league.

Re: Eli Manning is Elite and is right up there with Brees, Brady and all the other clowns.

to be honest, in terms of winning, i put eli right at the top.

and dont forget, winning that super bowl did something for him, he elevated his play in the 07 run like he did this playoffs and all year really. but remember how awesome he was in 08?

i honestly believe that once we win the SB again, next year we're gonna have another dominate season like we did in 08. and this time, nicks cruz and MM wont shoot themselves in the leg and blow it.

to me, eli just outplayed ryan, rodgers, and alex tebo i mean alex smith. he's gonna outplay brady FOR THE THIRD TIME in a couple weeks, and imo, stats are great but winning>stats and eli will be the best qb for the giants out of any qb in the league.

but i agree with the OP, i believe this time next year, eli will be thought off by many to be a top 3 qb. just my honest opinion and really, with the way he has progressed and matured as a qb, cant see how he wouldnt

Best QB? No.
    Toughest QB? By Far.

That touchdown pass to MM was a thing of beauty, what a QBS he was getting pounded all day too and looked like he got run over by a truck after that pass to Bradshaw lol

[quote user="RCJINTS"]Eli got a very bad rap right from the beginning. Even Giant fans were very unfair to him. [/quote]

well to be fair you cant expect fans to call a 70 rating QB "elite" true plenty including myself were hard on him but it was justified. as he was a top paid qb and we used 4 draft picks to get him. but even still no one said he was a bust. its just i dont believe in crowning someone before they earn it. now i think the last few years Eli has indeed earned it.

Coughlin using his Tablet

No disrespect but are you guys insecure? This season has been nothing short of a rollercoaster and everybody who doubted Eli early on is in total belief that he's in the top echelon of QB's. There is no need for threads like these anymore.

Veteran

I don't want to get ahead of myself here......but after this season, the "gap" between Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Peyton, and Eli has shrunk to the point where it's not evenworth arguing.

Honestly, Eli matches this team perfectly.....plugging any other QB in here would be messing witha good thing.

Eli is becoming the Dr. Seuss of QBs....he wins shootouts, and slugfests.....he wins in a dome, or in the snow, or the rain, or the cold, or the wind, etc., etc., etc.

Once again, Eli enters the 4th quarter trailing...and once again, he leaves the game with a win.....and he got ****ing pasted tonight. Eli was Phil Simms Tough tonight.

It's Coughlin & Manning v. Belichick & Brady......again. If that's doesn't tell us something about both coaches and QB's, not sure what else will.

And consider this....he's just entering his prime. We might have another 6-8 years of this, and by then, who the hell knows what sort of stats he'll have.

Bench Player

Eli is the most hard working and toughest QB I've seen. No matter what happens to him (injury, countless sacks, virus, blow to the head) he keeps going. He's definitely up there and he's only getting better.

Veteran

[quote user="Harooni"][quote user="RCJINTS"]Eli got a very bad rap right from the beginning. Even Giant fans were very unfair to him. [/quote]

well to be fair you cant expect fans to call a 70 rating QB "elite" true plenty including myself were hard on him but it was justified. as he was a top paid qb and we used 4 draft picks to get him. but even still no one said he was a bust. its just i dont believe in crowning someone before they earn it. now i think the last few years Eli has indeed earned it.
    [/quote]

Harooni, for the love of LT, let them enjoys this, Eli gets a lot of undeserved crap, some from you. Remember how people said he looked fragile? He was an ironman today. Don't be a Debbie downer for 24hrs ok? That's fair.

How many QBs can lead one average team on the road to a SB win? Eli has the chance to do it twice. If we win, there will be talk about how this is the new worst team to ever win the SB, taking the title from our 2007 squad. That says something. Accorsi said Eli wins games he's not supposed to, but he never said he'd do it in streaks of 3 and 4 in a row in the playoffs. I BELIeve.