+ Reply to Thread

Good job by the refs in SF

Gotta say that the calls in the game were not all correct, but at least they weren't appearing to be blatantly helping the opponent.

The NFL is struggling in the quality area of reffing, in general, but at least this one was tolerable.

* Vernon Davis' ball of his foot probably touched the chalk, but it wasn't conclusive or certain,
    * Brandon Jacobs was short of a first down on 4th and 1, the spot put him a yard short, but he was actually probably six inches short.
    * The Bradshaw fumble was probably correct, but probably also would have been ruled against the GMen last week.

All in all, can't complain for a change.

Re: Good job by the refs in SF

[quote user="GreenZone"]Gotta say that the calls in the game were not all correct, but at least they weren't appearing to be blatantly helping the opponent.

The NFL is struggling in the quality area of reffing, in general, but at least this one was tolerable.

* Vernon Davis' ball of his foot probably touched the chalk, but it wasn't conclusive or certain,
    * Brandon Jacobs was short of a first down on 4th and 1, the spot put him a yard short, but he was actually probably six inches short.
    * The Bradshaw fumble was probably correct, but probably also would have been ruled against the GMen last week.

[/quote]

Kiss ***.

Lol no but seriously when they start calling holding against our d line I'll be somewhat happy and Bernard bleeding with us getting the call was downright ridiculous

[quote user="GreenZone"]Gotta say that the calls in the game were not all correct, but at least they weren't appearing to be blatantly helping the opponent.

[/quote]

eh, I disagree some. That blown initial call on the first fumble could have been huge had the Giants not scored a TD on the following possession.

That BS ilegal contact pentaly on 3rd and long when Smith got sacked was very tickytack and didn't work both ways.

49ers got away with a TON of holding, some of it was really out in the open, especially when Smith started scrambling. I think it's the second game in the row where the Giants got called for holding a couple of times and the oppoent wasn't called for it at all,.

I will say that they were correct on the calls you brought up though.
    All Hail The New York Giants!!

[/quote]

eh, I disagree some. That blown initial call on the first fumble could have been huge had the Giants not scored a TD on the following possession.

That BS ilegal contact pentaly on 3rd and long when Smith got sacked was very tickytack and didn't work both ways.

49ers got away with a TON of holding, some of it was really out in the open, especially when Smith started scrambling. I think it's the second game in the row where the Giants got called for holding a couple of times and the oppoent wasn't called for it at all,.

I will say that they were correct on the calls you brought up though.
    All Hail The New York Giants!!

All-Pro

I hated the holding calls on us, yet you could see blatant holding on JPP several times and no F N call...

I kinda laughed at the really detailed explanations of all rulings. Anyone else noticed them?

I thought it had to be in reaction to last week and how poorly the refs performed. I think the NFL was really worried about the appearance of impropriety carrying over.

ed hercules always has done that. I dont mind, except sometimes he has some dumb sounding explanations.

He called a pretty good game I thought.

Decent game from the refs. Probably missed a few holds on SF but other than that no complaints.