+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran

Gilbride almost got Eli killed

So what the Giant were only getting 2yds per carry, you have to run the ball on consecutive plays. Noting wrong with 3rd and 6. I have seen Parcels do it several years.

No way Eli should have attempted 58 passes and getting hit over 20 times. I am surprised Eli didn't hurt.

The passing game worked during the first half but the 49ers shut down the pass in the second half. The Giants should have should have run the ball more.

Thank god the Giants special teams stepped up.

Bench Player

Re: Gilbride almost got Eli killed

Gilbride does not block for him from the sidelines.

Veteran

I agree, but if the line isn't pass blocking and the passing game isn't working, run the ball. The 49ers didn't even fall for the play action.

From what I saw K Mac needs some help. He's gettin slow.

I'm really surprised Eli didnt get hurt either... the pass rush was getting there FAST and KG still stuck with the long downfield plays...if it was a short pass it was on 3rd going across the field 2 yards under the marker.

Eli is tough ...hard to get even a wince out of him.

warm salsa

[quote user="Coach Carter"]So what the Giant were only getting 2yds per carry, you have to run the ball on consecutive plays. Noting wrong with 3rd and 6. I have seen Parcels do it several years.

No way Eli should have attempted 58 passes and getting hit over 20 times. I am surprised Eli didn't hurt.

The passing game worked during the first half but the 49ers shut down the pass in the second half. The Giants should have should have run the ball more.

Thank god the Giants special teams stepped up.[/quote]

Unbelievable post. I could swear that our O-line was eaten alive. Two SB appearances in 5 years with the same OC and yet you still complain? We could not run on them yesterday, plain and simple. Everyone knew that Eli was going to have to win this one throwing the ball. A box of Huggies pampers should be handed out to some people on this board. WE WON! WE'RE GOING TO THE SB!

There's no doubt that the Niners were getting there fast and there were breakdowns in protection, but I felt like Eli was holding on to the ball too long at times. It wasn't like last week where he could sit back there endlessly.

[quote user="Coach Carter"]So what the Giant were only getting 2yds per carry, you have to run the ball on consecutive plays. Noting wrong with 3rd and 6. I have seen Parcels do it several years.

And what would you have posted if Gilbride kept running the ball @ 2 yards/carry and punting? I mean, it's not like we can expect our quarterback to play football - he might get hurt.

Haters just gotta hate.

Veteran

[quote user="I Bleed Blue"][quote user="Coach Carter"]So what the Giant were only getting 2yds per carry, you have to run the ball on consecutive plays. Noting wrong with 3rd and 6. I have seen Parcels do it several years.

Unbelievable post. I could swear that our O-line was eaten alive. Two SB appearances in 5 years with the same OC and yet you still complain? We could not run on them yesterday, plain and simple. Everyone knew that Eli was going to have to win this one throwing the ball. A box of Huggies pampers should be handed out to some people on this board. WE WON! WE'RE GOING TO THE SB![/quote]

Giants averaged 3.3 yds per run, two run in a row and it is 3rd and less than 4. On a 3rd and four you can run or pass, especially when you come out in a base formation.

Veteran

[quote user="krygny"][quote user="Coach Carter"]So what the Giant were only getting 2yds per carry, you have to run the ball on consecutive plays. Noting wrong with 3rd and 6. I have seen Parcels do it several years.

And what would you have posted if Gilbride kept running the ball @ 2 yards/carry and punting? I mean, it's not like we can expect our quarterback to play football - he might get hurt.

Haters just gotta hate.

[/quote]

And idiots got to be dumb. Even at 2-3 yds per clip, the running game softens up the defense and opens up the play action. When Eli did play action yesterday, no one fell for it. Also, the long runs happen in the fourth quarter, but you have to keep running it.

Giants special teams and defense saved the game in the second half. Gilbride gave up on the run unnecessarily.