+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Baas is not the answer for us at center

Baas got pushed around tonight and in my opinion is a major reason why we have failed to run the ball effectively this year. He is average in pass protection and below average at getting leverage / opening holes in the run game. He seems like a nice enough guy, but we need a mauling center who can push people around. This is NYG football, we need to run the ball!

It is beyond obvious when Petrus came in at LG and Boothe shifted to center that we played better overall. If we as fans can notice the difference, then you know Reese has to see it. If we fail to make changes next year it's because Reese has too much pride to admit the Baas signing was a poor one.

Bench Player

Re: Baas is not the answer for us at center

This offense line as a whole didn't play as well as it could have, but they get a bit of a pass considering the defense. Only a bit.

Boothe isn't very good at snapping the ball, and if you've seen Dilfer talk about what bad snaps do--even when they are a tiny bit off-- to the Qb's read, we would both be in agreement that there needs to be many changes, and one of them is to not have Boothe as a center.

This issue will hopefully be dealt with in the offseason.

That was a tough team and a really good front 7. Baas is our center for one more game this season. So can we just give him our support for that one game and worry about changes in the off season?
    the "realist" is a lazy piece of crap that works on his tan while sipping a margarita,
    the pessimist changes the sails while complaining about the lazy piece of crap,
    and the optimist changes the sails while hoping the lazy piece of crap will start to do his share of the work.

All-Pro

They where playing a very good defense, but I thought they looked very good when Boothe and Petrus where in there.

[quote user="Warchild"]Baas got pushed around tonight and in my opinion is a major reason why we have failed to run the ball effectively this year. He is average in pass protection and below average at getting leverage / opening holes in the run game. He seems like a nice enough guy, but we need a mauling center who can push people around. This is NYG football, we need to run the ball!

It is beyond obvious when Petrus came in at LG and Boothe shifted to center that we played better overall. If we as fans can notice the difference, then you know Reese has to see it. If we fail to make changes next year it's because Reese has too much pride to admit the Baas signing was a poor one.[/quote]

Dude THAT"S what you got out of the game last night?!

(even though I agree)
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Bass looked like **** out there.

Kareem got raped too lol

good thing Eli is a tough SOB

GO GIANTS !!!

YOUR RIGHT

[quote user="bansaw"]Bass looked like **** out there.

Kareem got raped too lol

GO GIANTS !!!

[/quote]

Wow no kidding ... Kareem got absolutely used like a prison inmate last night.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="bansaw"]Bass looked like **** out there.

Kareem got raped too lol

GO GIANTS !!!

[/quote]

You ain't kidding. I think Beatty will end up at RT (I don't think he makes a very good LT)next year and hopefully we can draft a stud LT or sign one in FA. I don't think he's gonna make it another season.

[quote user="Firenugget"][quote user="bansaw"]Bass looked like **** out there.

Kareem got raped too lol

GO GIANTS !!!

[/quote]

You ain't kidding. I think Beatty will end up at RT (I don't think he makes a very good LT)next year and hopefully we can draft a stud LT or sign one in FA. I don't think he's gonna make it another season.
    [/quote]

I agree with you totally, I don't think Beatty makes it as LT with us, better off on the right side.

Go Giants!