+ Reply to Thread

JEFF FISHER--"Everyone wants the Giants Job"

[link]http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/story/09000d5d8263e655/article/mara-helps-make-giants-a-bedrock-of-stability-in-fickle-nfl-?module=HP11_content_stream[/link]

well, if that ain't a compliment...

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Re: JEFF FISHER--"Everyone wants the Giants Job"

I've been saying this for the past I-dunno-how-many years. The Giants get first pick from the HC candidates, if and when TC steps down.

Of course, one of the reasons for that is the exact same reason so many fans here act like idiots. The New York Football Giants don't fire coaches or cut players on a whim, like so many here would like them to do.

when youread the entire article, John Mara even credits Bob Kraft and the Patriots organization as a whole for their role in the "talks" during the lock-out.

I mean, "no one was laid-off" during those uncertain times of the lock-out.

wow, is all I can say.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Of course they want the job. Nevermind the Giants being classy, you got Eli Manning for a few more years a young WR Corp as well as JPP and some other young pieces. This team can be a force for quite some time...hopefully.

[quote user="The Notorious B.I.G BLUE"]Of course they want the job. Nevermind the Giants being classy, you got Eli Manning for a few more years a young WR Corp as well as JPP and some other young pieces. This team can be a force for quite some time...hopefully.[/quote]

Yeah that helps, but I think from a coaching standpoint it's just as important to have good people above you as well to be successful. If you have some real good players in spots but ownership is garbage *coughSanDiegocough* I think alot of coaches, at least the better ones, know that it's a situation they'd rather not be in if they can help it.