+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: First round DE

Re: First round DE

[quote user="Spizi"]The Giants are known for their pass rush up front and it will be in need of an upgrade after next year. Why? Because after next year Osi will be gone, and Tuck will be 30 and coming into a contract year. If you draft a DE now he will be ready to replace Osi when he leaves.

Who do you guys like?[/quote] WHitney mercilus is a dream scenario for me so that tells u how i feel about it.. I think this "stock your positon of power even when it seems stocked because its what your good at" method that Jerry Reese seems to like to use is working for us and WHitney is the exact kinda player that can keep the run of DE's and Dt's that are game changers going for us.. Strahan an Keith "hammer" Hamilton to Tuck and Osi and Cofield to Kiwi and JPP and now Linval to Whitney mercilus(hopefully).. Thats our philosophy and with injuries and what not u need to keep stocking the positons that make u successful and basically since 2000 the Dline has been our bread and butter..

[quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="bLuereverie"]I understand the Osi leaving assumptions. But I prefer not to talk about it as if it already happened.

Osi playing with the Giants next year is still not a far-fetched notion.[/quote]

he said "after next year", He's counting on Osi playing out his contract.

Given the draft position, The only one I really like is Melvin Ingram. I think his lack of height will drop him down boards, but he really reminds me of Tuck: Long arms, good athleticism, non-stop motor, and already plays all around the D-Line.

Mercilus is probably the best DE in the draft, but he'll be long gone the time JR steps up to the plate. (Note: I'm thinking Perry gets nabbed by NE before us, he can play OLB or DE, and they need a pass rusher)

Fletcher Cox is a good choice at DT, as well. I'm not ruling out Austin, but how many times have we seen a position of strength and depth wiped out by injury? I'd prefer that NOT happen to the D-line, thank you very much.
    [/quote] FLetcher Cox is right at the top of my list of hopefuls(being the possible realistic guys that could be available) that i hope are there at the END of RD 1.. Cox is a flat out Brute and playmaker from the DT positon.. I think u put him next to Linval Joseph and u got one of the best DT pairings in the league! It could possibly be one of the strongest(pure strength) DT pairings in the league! Cox could also step outside on Run plays if need be with his versatility.. I love watching him put his head down and drive into the back field...lol I think Cox is right there with Devon Still as the Best DT in this yrs draft .. Still is ahead of em but by very little in my opinion..

I would rather see LB or RB maybe more help in the secondary or how about someone who's a threat in punt or kick returns.

[quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="bLuereverie"]I understand the Osi leaving assumptions. But I prefer not to talk about it as if it already happened.

Osi playing with the Giants next year is still not a far-fetched notion.[/quote]

he said "after next year", He's counting on Osi playing out his contract.[/quote]

I was assuming the after next year was in regards to Tuck. Even then, I still believe [and hope] in the possibility of Osi getting an extension of 2-3 years.

[quote user="Blue daddy"]I would rather see LB or RB maybe more help in the secondary or how about someone who's a threat in punt or kick returns.[/quote] Lets not forget Jerrell Jerrnigan is only a Rook coming outta small Sun Belt confrence.. He still could be our answer to the KR issues..

Veteran

Two other later round d linemen to keep a eye on are Mike Martin out of Michigan, and Jarred Crick out of Nebraska. Martin's a powerhouse with great hustle, but average athleticism. Crick is a LONG athlete, but for his height he's a little underweight, but he's got the athleticism to be a versatile defender (and he's a ferocious hitter). Also, if he can't work out at the combine he could be the steal of the draft on day 3.

I like the Crick pick and if he is around in round 4... he is definately worth grabbing. Like you said, he is versitile and can play DE/DT. Reminds me of a poor mans JJ Watt.
    "Hey, let me buy you a pack of gum. I'll show you how to chew it."

2014 Draft:
    Round 1 - Eric Ebron, TE - North Carolina
    Round 2 - David Yankey, OG - Stanford
    Round 3 - Allen Robinson, WR - Penn State
    Round 4 - Anthony Johnson, DT - LSU
    Round 5 - Rashaad Reynolds, CB - Oregon State
    Round 6 - Andrew Jackson, ILB - W. Kentucky
    Round 7 - ** Traded for Jon Beason **

[quote user="Shockeyitus"]I like the Crick pick and if he is around in round 4... he is definately worth grabbing. Like you said, he is versitile and can play DE/DT. Reminds me of a poor mans JJ Watt.[/quote]

theres still talk of crick being a first rounder. probably more of a 2nd rounder, but falling to the end of the fourth round just is not going to happen

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Shockeyitus"]I like the Crick pick and if he is around in round 4... he is definately worth grabbing. Like you said, he is versitile and can play DE/DT. Reminds me of a poor mans JJ Watt.[/quote]

theres still talk of crick being a first rounder. probably more of a 2nd rounder, but falling to the end of the fourth round just is not going to happen[/quote] ya there is no way Crick goes even to the end of RD 3 let alone RD 4.. Hes at worst a mid to late 2nd rder with late 1st possiblity.. Shoot even the giants are a possiblity for Crick in RD 1..

[quote user="Shockeyitus"]I like the Crick pick and if he is around in round 4... he is definately worth grabbing. Like you said, he is versitile and can play DE/DT. Reminds me of a poor mans JJ Watt.[/quote]I loved Watt and those 5T DE's. I had Watt as my top DE last year.

I know the Giants have scouted Crick closely from last year. I can definitely see him being a possibility at the end of round two if he made it that far.

+ Reply to Thread