+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: First round DE

Veteran

First round DE

The Giants are known for their pass rush up front and it will be in need of an upgrade after next year. Why? Because after next year Osi will be gone, and Tuck will be 30 and coming into a contract year. If you draft a DE now he will be ready to replace Osi when he leaves.

Who do you guys like?

Re: First round DE

I understand the Osi leaving assumptions. But I prefer not to talk about it as if it already happened.

Osi playing with the Giants next year is still not a far-fetched notion.

Veteran

[quote user="bLuereverie"]I understand the Osi leaving assumptions. But I prefer not to talk about it as if it already happened.

Osi playing with the Giants next year is still not a far-fetched notion.[/quote]

he said "after next year", He's counting on Osi playing out his contract.

Given the draft position, The only one I really like is Melvin Ingram. I think his lack of height will drop him down boards, but he really reminds me of Tuck: Long arms, good athleticism, non-stop motor, and already plays all around the D-Line.

Mercilus is probably the best DE in the draft, but he'll be long gone the time JR steps up to the plate. (Note: I'm thinking Perry gets nabbed by NE before us, he can play OLB or DE, and they need a pass rusher)

Fletcher Cox is a good choice at DT, as well. I'm not ruling out Austin, but how many times have we seen a position of strength and depth wiped out by injury? I'd prefer that NOT happen to the D-line, thank you very much.

Veteran

[quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="bLuereverie"]I understand the Osi leaving assumptions. But I prefer not to talk about it as if it already happened.

Osi playing with the Giants next year is still not a far-fetched notion.[/quote]

Given the draft position, The only one I really like is Melvin Ingram. I think his lack of height will drop him down boards, but he really reminds me of Tuck: Long arms, good athleticism, non-stop motor, and already plays all around the D-Line.

Mercilus is probably the best DE in the draft, but he'll be long gone the time JR steps up to the plate. (Note: I'm thinking Perry gets nabbed by NE before us, he can play OLB or DE, and they need a pass rusher)

Fletcher Cox is a good choice at DT, as well. I'm not ruling out Austin, but how many times have we seen a position of strength and depth wiped out by injury? I'd prefer that NOT happen to the D-line, thank you very much.
    [/quote]

thank you for pointing out that I said "after next year."

Melvin Ingram is an athlete!! but honestly I see him going 2nd after coples. I checked scouts incs top 32 and Mercilus isn't even on it. Probably because he is a one year wonder but regardless he knows how to get to the QB and he has ideal size.

I just saw a star on ESPN and it was showing that the Giants hit the QB over 80% of drop backs with only their front 4 or something like that. We need to keep it up so DE is definitely an option.

[quote user="Spizi"][quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="bLuereverie"]I understand the Osi leaving assumptions. But I prefer not to talk about it as if it already happened.

[/quote]

Melvin Ingram is an athlete!! but honestly I see him going 2nd after coples. I checked scouts incs top 32 and Mercilus isn't even on it. Probably because he is a one year wonder but regardless he knows how to get to the QB and he has ideal size.

I just saw a star on ESPN and it was showing that the Giants hit the QB over 80% of drop backs with only their front 4 or something like that. We need to keep it up so DE is definitely an option.[/quote] Ingram & mercilus will both be gone.......what doesn't anyone think about that DE from Marshall? I forget his name, good size, great production, comes off the ball nicely......
    Personally I want Fletcher cox or Dwayne Allen

[quote user="myles2424"] Ingram & mercilus will both be gone.......what doesn't anyone think about that DE from Marshall? I forget his name, good size, great production, comes off the ball nicely......
    Personally I want Fletcher cox or Dwayne Allen[/quote]

vinny curry. Could be a nice target in the 2nd

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="myles2424"] Ingram & mercilus will both be gone.......what doesn't anyone think about that DE from Marshall? I forget his name, good size, great production, comes off the ball nicely......

vinny curry. Could be a nice target in the 2nd[/quote]Nice player havent watched him as much as the other guys. Im not a big fan of Ingram though.Slow first step and where do u play him. Im not really liking the DE's in this class. i liked Montgomery and the LB from Georgia Jarvis Jones but neither came out

Chandler Jones, DE - Syracuse.... Built like Tuck, but quicker. Great athlete and has good gene's. His brothers are "Bones" Jones (UFC Champ) and Arthur Jones, DT for the Ravens. Solid pick up in Round3 or 4.
    "Hey, let me buy you a pack of gum. I'll show you how to chew it."

2014 Draft:
    Round 1 - Eric Ebron, TE - North Carolina
    Round 2 - David Yankey, OG - Stanford
    Round 3 - Allen Robinson, WR - Penn State
    Round 4 - Anthony Johnson, DT - LSU
    Round 5 - Rashaad Reynolds, CB - Oregon State
    Round 6 - Andrew Jackson, ILB - W. Kentucky
    Round 7 - ** Traded for Jon Beason **

[quote user="Shockeyitus"]Chandler Jones, DE - Syracuse.... Built like Tuck, but quicker. Great athlete and has good gene's. His brothers are "Bones" Jones (UFC Champ) and Arthur Jones, DT for the Ravens. Solid pick up in Round3 or 4.[/quote]

Another guy to look at.....

Donte Paige-Moss, DE - UNC.... a lot of people think he is overrated, but the kid is a genetic specimen just like JPP. He will be surrounded by great DE's and can learn and develop. Definately worth a 4th or 5th round selection.

"Hey, let me buy you a pack of gum. I'll show you how to chew it."

2014 Draft:
    Round 1 - Eric Ebron, TE - North Carolina
    Round 2 - David Yankey, OG - Stanford
    Round 3 - Allen Robinson, WR - Penn State
    Round 4 - Anthony Johnson, DT - LSU
    Round 5 - Rashaad Reynolds, CB - Oregon State
    Round 6 - Andrew Jackson, ILB - W. Kentucky
    Round 7 - ** Traded for Jon Beason **

Veteran

[quote user="myles2424"][quote user="Spizi"][quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="bLuereverie"]I understand the Osi leaving assumptions. But I prefer not to talk about it as if it already happened.

[/quote]

I just saw a star on ESPN and it was showing that the Giants hit the QB over 80% of drop backs with only their front 4 or something like that. We need to keep it up so DE is definitely an option.[/quote] Ingram & mercilus will both be gone.......what doesn't anyone think about that DE from Marshall? I forget his name, good size, great production, comes off the ball nicely......

Dwayne Allen would be the pick if I was gm but I could see Reese drafting another de lol

+ Reply to Thread