+ Reply to Thread

Defense and Fewell...

Is it just me or does the defense remind you a little of 2007? had a up and down year filled with injurys to key players, just to put it together at the end of the season and really step their collective game up.

Great to see Fewell and Co. doing such a good job holding that D together

Re: Defense and Fewell...

[quote user="GiantPride27"]Is it just me or does the defense remind you a little of 2007? had a up and down year filled with injurys to key players, just to put it together at the end of the season and really step their collective game up.

Great to see Fewell and Co. doing such a good job holding that D together[/quote]

It is BUT ....

... tell me you weren't screaming at the TV when you saw Vernon Davis beat single man (a Safety no less!) coverage to get that first TD?!

I literally fell out of my chair.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="GiantPride27"]Is it just me or does the defense remind you a little of 2007? had a up and down year filled with injurys to key players, just to put it together at the end of the season and really step their collective game up. Great to see Fewell and Co. doing such a good job holding that D together[/quote] It is BUT .... ... tell me you weren't screaming at the TV when you saw Vernon Davis beat single man (a Safety no less!) coverage to get that first TD?! I literally fell out of my chair.[/quote]

49ers made two plays all day, defense has really risen to another level just at the right time.

Brady will be in for a long day in two weeks.

Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="GiantPride27"]Is it just me or does the defense remind you a little of 2007? had a up and down year filled with injurys to key players, just to put it together at the end of the season and really step their collective game up.

Great to see Fewell and Co. doing such a good job holding that D together[/quote]

It is BUT ....

... tell me you weren't screaming at the TV when you saw Vernon Davis beat single man (a Safety no less!) coverage to get that first TD?!

I literally fell out of my chair.[/quote]i know V. Davis is fast, but i just couldn't understand how you can let him get behind the "D".....

All-Pro

Not at all. In 2007 under spags, we went from 26th a year before to 7th in overall defense. We were absolute **** under Fewell.

What I'm looking forward to is the fact that the Pats haven't lost since they played us....and also hadn't beaten a team over .500 until yesterday, in which they almost lost it and almost went to OT. We're red hot and their defense is AWFUL. Eli will have a huge game and our defense will get after Brady like they always do and they will fall to us, just like the last two times we played. Just not a good matchup for them and a great one for us, plain and simple.

[quote user="gumby742"]Not at all.* In 2007 under spags, we went from 26th a year before to 7th in overall defense.* We were absolute **** under Fewell.[/quote]

the D is 2007 came around at the end of the year. they started very poorly. and this year they have lost so many players of D. Starting CBs MLBs. tuck and osi missed significant time. Rookies all over the field. having to use 3 Safetys bc of CB injuuries. etc

[quote user="gumby742"]Not at all.* In 2007 under spags, we went from 26th a year before to 7th in overall defense.* We were absolute **** under Fewell.[/quote]

the D is 2007 came around at the end of the year. they started very poorly. and this year they have lost so many players of D. Starting CBs MLBs. tuck and osi missed significant time. Rookies all over the field. having to use 3 Safetys bc of CB injuuries. etc

Bench Player

[quote user="blueomaha"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="GiantPride27"]Is it just me or does the defense remind you a little of 2007? had a up and down year filled with injurys to key players, just to put it together at the end of the season and really step their collective game up.

It is BUT ....

I literally fell out of my chair.[/quote]i know V. Davis is fast, but i just couldn't understand how you can let him get behind the "D".....
    [/quote]

I know I was screaming...the ONLY guy the defense had to worry about in the passing game and he gets...not 1, but TWO big play TDs. Almost happened a 3rd time in the 2nd half, but a defensive hold stopped it. I was having flashbacks to the regular season version of our defense [mental lapses left and right]. Inexplicable.

Take away those 2 plays to Davis and it's a completely different ball game.