+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Veteran

VERNON DAVIS WAS THE FASTEST TE WE FACED THIS YEAR

gronkiwski is a better te,, but he will not burn the giants deep like davis did out running deff,, hes more like whitten a pos rec te that finds ways to get open but hes not close to the speed of vernon davis,, so i think the giants can chip and bump gronkwski and not get burned deep like davis did,,,

what u guys think???

Re: VERNON DAVIS WAS THE FASTEST TE WE FACED THIS YEAR

He definitely won't burn us deep. In fact, there isn't a player on the Patriots that really scares me with the deep ball. But that's not how they beat you. They really efficiently move the ball up and down the field 10 yards at a time.

I think Gronkowskis size is his biggest weapon. Pats will be just as tough of a game as SF was. Might be more in an offensive way but it will be a battle.

Vernon is probably the fastest TE any team has ever faced in history. Both of his TDs were simply misplayed. Double dose of Aaron and Gronk with Brady throwing to them will be much more challenging.

Veteran

[quote user="Firenugget"]*I think Gronkowskis size is his biggest weapon. Pats will be just as tough of a game as SF was. Might be more in an offensive way but it will be a battle.
    [/quote]

i agree,, but teams are afraid of chiping him and bumping him,, i do not think giants will be afraid,,, cuz its what they done to all these games vs whitten, finley, jets te, gonzalez and davis,, but davis had the speed to burn giants deep

[quote user="Firenugget"]*I think Gronkowskis size is his biggest weapon. Pats will be just as tough of a game as SF was. Might be more in an offensive way but it will be a battle.
    [/quote]
    Yes Davis fast but gronk is a Beast
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Veteran

[quote user="bLuereverie"]Vernon is probably the fastest TE any team has ever faced in history. Both of his TDs were simply misplayed. Double dose of Aaron and Gronk with Brady throwing to them will be much more challenging.[/quote]

i agree they will both be tought,, but do not forget he hurt his ankle,, maybe that will slow him down,, but he has 2 weeks to recover

Bench Player

[quote user="LoveRack"][quote user="Firenugget"]I think Gronkowskis size is his biggest weapon. Pats will be just as tough of a game as SF was. Might be more in an offensive way but it will be a battle.
    [/quote]

i agree,, but teams are afraid of chiping him and bumping him,, i do not think giants will be afraid,,, cuz its what they done to all these games vs whitten, finley, jets te, gonzalez and davis,, but davis had the speed to burn giants deep[/quote]

lol did you see Gronk KNOCK Suggs on his butt? It isnt easy to chip Gronk. That said I think Hernandez is just as fast as Davis and he has a better QB throwing him the ball.

All said in my BIASED opinion the Patriots TE are a tougher matchup than Vernon Davis.

[quote user="PatsFanNH"][quote user="LoveRack"][quote user="Firenugget"]I think Gronkowskis size is his biggest weapon. Pats will be just as tough of a game as SF was. Might be more in an offensive way but it will be a battle.
    [/quote]

i agree,, but teams are afraid of chiping him and bumping him,, i do not think giants will be afraid,,, cuz its what they done to all these games vs whitten, finley, jets te, gonzalez and davis,, but davis had the speed to burn giants deep[/quote]

lol did you see Gronk KNOCK Suggs on his butt? It isnt easy to chip Gronk. That said I think Hernandez is just as fast as Davis and he has a better QB throwing him the ball.

All said in my BIASED opinion the Patriots TE are a tougher matchup than Vernon Davis.
    [/quote]

I agree, no question.

All-Pro

It was just stupid coverage on Davis that allowed him to do so much. Rolle took a bad angle the first time and Phillips should have had coverage inside of davis, not outside.