+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Brady's legacy if he loses to Eli again in superbowl!!

I have always had mixed feelings about Brady. I used to like him then I hated him, now I dislike him but grudgingly respect what he has done as a player!!

What effect would a Giant super bowl win have on either QB's legacy does it diminish Brady? Does it Elevate Eli?

I think Brady's legacy can survive the loss he has the super bowl wins already.

but i feel this could be what elevates Eli to HOF status!!!

Bench Player

Re: Brady's legacy if he loses to Eli again in superbowl!!

For ELI:

If he plays well and he WINS the game for them then he gets elevated to Elite/HOF status, if they win the game like they did 4 years ago because of an amazing Defense and ONE lucky drive he is considered just a decent QB with a great D. (His brother with your D and WR would be unstoppable.)

Brady:

IMO doea nothing to his legacy if he loses, in 10 years as a starter he been to 6 AFCCG and 5 SB with 3 SB wins and 2 SB MVP's. If he WINS the SB he has 4 SB victories (tied for most with Bradshaw) with 5 appearances (tied with Elway) IMO he have be considered GOAT. (IF they win because of him and not like yesterday in spite of him lol)

[quote user="PatsFanNH"]For ELI:

If he plays well and he WINS the game for them then he gets elevated to Elite/HOF status, if they win the game like they did 4 years ago because of an amazing Defense and ONE lucky drive he is considered just a decent QB with a great D. (His brother with your D and WR would be unstoppable.)

Brady:

IMO doea nothing to his legacy if he loses, in 10 years as a starter he been to 6 AFCCG and 5 SB with 3 SB wins and 2 SB MVP's. If he WINS the SB he has 4 SB victories (tied for most with Bradshaw) with 5 appearances (tied with Elway) IMO he have be considered GOAT. (IF they win because of him and not like yesterday in spite of him lol)
    [/quote]

Have a game like last time and he'll be considered decent?? Seriously? So winning the SB MVP, holding the lombardi over his head as the great Patriots walk off the field with another L. The word decent would come to your mind??

A loss for Brady wouldnt do anything to him. He still has 3 SB wins and his numbers are still significantly better than Eli's.

I dont think anyone is realistically listing Eli over Brady anytime soon.

Brady is already a first ballot HOFer, and really deserves it. His legacy is already cemented. That cant be undone.

Bench Player

Eli is the MAIN reason we are in the SB. Even if he doesnt kill in the SB, and I suspect he will, he has to be considered elite. His arm got us here all year. We were the worst rushing team in the league, THE WORST!!!

I don't care who other feel about him. He has earned my respect. Yesterday he was getting whalloped all over the place and just got up and kept playing. Had presence of mind, was on the sidelines telling coughlin to call timeouts!

He's our season MVP. If he plays well in the superbowl, no one will ever be able to deny his elite status.

Bench Player

[quote user="trenken311"]A loss for Brady wouldnt do anything to him. He still has 3 SB wins and his numbers are still significantly better than Eli's.

I dont think anyone is realistically listing Eli over Brady anytime soon.

Brady is already a first ballot HOFer, and really deserves it. His legacy is already cemented. That cant be undone.[/quote]

This. even if he throws 4 ints Brady is what he is and his legacy is already there.

[quote user="Killa4luv"]Eli is the MAIN reason we are in the SB. Even if he doesnt kill in the SB, and I suspect he will, he has to be considered elite. His arm got us here all year. We were the worst rushing team in the league, THE WORST!!!

I don't care who other feel about him. He has earned my respect. Yesterday he was getting whalloped all over the place and just got up and kept playing. Had presence of mind, was on the sidelines telling coughlin to call timeouts!

He's our season MVP. If he plays well in the superbowl, no one will ever be able to deny his elite status.
    [/quote]

I cant imagine there's all that many people left outside of flat out haters that dont think he's elite. He's already proved it, he doesnt need a SB win to be considered among the best in the league.

Of course it would be nice, but the deal is already sealed, he's one of the best QBs in the league right now regardless of the SB.

[quote user="BigBlueFanNJ"]I have always had mixed feelings about Brady. I used to like him then I hated him, now I dislike him but grudgingly respect what he has done as a player!! What effect would a Giant super bowl win have on either QB's legacy does it diminish Brady? Does it Elevate Eli? I think Brady's legacy can survive the loss he has the super bowl wins already. but i feel this could be what elevates Eli to HOF status!!![/quote]

Brady will be considered one of the top 3 QB's of all time, win or lose.

"Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

People were putting Brady up there with Montana years ago after that 3rd win, and all he did after that was take them to the playoffs every year, and undefeated season, 2 more SB appearances and broke a bunch of more records.

Please, anyone that argues against this guys resume is just a clown. Obviously Im not a Pats fan or Brady, in fact I love to see them fail, but what's done is done, he's one of the all time best already. This game means nothing to that and a loss for him wont change it. It's still another SB appearance for him which does count for something even on top of everything he's done.

Bench Player

[quote user="Giantsin04"][quote user="PatsFanNH"]For ELI:

Brady:

[/quote]

Have a game like last time and he'll be considered decent?? Seriously? So winning the SB MVP, holding the lombardi over his head as the great Patriots walk off the field with another L. The word decent would come to your mind??[/quote]

He LIKE Brady (in '01) didnt deserve that MVP, it belonged to the defense PERIOD. The Giants Defense WON that SB not eli, just like in 01 the Pats D won that game and not Brady.(Mind you Brady deserved 2 anyways as he should have gotten the MVP in 04 and not branch lol)

And if you are being HONEST as a fan of FOOTBALL you would agree with me, his FIRST SB they won because of your D NOTHING More.

I also meant elite as in his brother,Brady,Brees area of ELite... not Big Ben, Romo ELITE.