+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Baas=Horrible

Baas=Horrible

I don't know if its injuries or that he is not good, but Baas was horrible (again) yesterday. He was consistently getting beat, and his snaps to Eli were consistently low. When he went out the Giants actually ran the ball with Boothe at center and Petrus taking his spot. They gave 13 days to prepare for New England, I would love to see a change. I don't see him holding up against Wolfork. Comments?

Re: Baas=Horrible

Who started at center when we played the Pats last time? I think it was Boothe?

Lot of board members on this board are way over critical of some of the players and coaches but sadly this thread is probably a little bit of an understatement Baas is putrid.

He can very close to handing SF the game- when he is not hurt he is playing and that's scary.

Veteran

Unless he is seriously injured and cannot suit up, there is no chance he will sit out this game in favor of a Boothe-Petrus combo, none.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

We seriously need to upgrade the o-line after this season. If they don't feel that Boothe can take over as center, then they need to bring in a totally new center.

His holding call in the 4th quarter didn't make me like him more...

The guy is always getting nicked up and when he plays hasn't been anything special. Maybe he'll turn it around and get better but as of now it's looking like a bad signing.

I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt (even though I've seen him screw up before) just because SF has the best front 7 in the league. Either way there is no chance he's not starting in this next game so it's not like we have a choice, lets just hope Wilfork doesn't destroy him.

What do you expect from x 49er center. I would of thought he would of came out with fire against his old team.

He's not horrible, but there is a lot of room for improvement -- and that includes the entire o-line.

We need to get back to being one of the top running games in the league again. Combine that with our passing game, and it'll be lights out for the rest of the league.