+ Reply to Thread

Lockout, Key Injuries, bad play-calling through most of season and Superbowl-bound

I was writing the season off during pre-season at times, especially after losing Goff, Hixon and T. Thomas as well as #1 draft pick Prince Amukamara...It felt as if the Giants were the least likely to to win a game not to mention get into the playoffs and yet we are going to the Superbowl.

Do I need to mention the horrible defensive scheming of Perry Fewell and the goofy plays from Gilbride during the majority of the regular season? Do I also need to mention we had probably the hardest schedule in the NFL?

Granted, these guys have a gaff now and then still but we are winning...and winning cures all ills.

I am ecstatic that this season has turned around 180 degrees for us.

Coughlin will be a Hall of famer as coach.

I was seeing the potential of some of these players who filled in or starred this season and thought that 2012 is going to be a much better year....can you imagine? Better than going to the Superbowl after such a rough season? I will be happy to see how it all works out for us next year when out IR'ed stars are back AND our team operating in a way it knows it can...now!

All-Pro

Re: Lockout, Key Injuries, bad play-calling through most of season and Superbowl-bound

[quote user="hungrrrry"]I was writing the season off during pre-season at times, especially after losing Goff, Hixon and T. Thomas as well as #1 draft pick Prince Amukamara...It felt as if the Giants were the least likely to to win a game not to mention get into the playoffs and yet we are going to the Superbowl.

Do I need to mention the horrible defensive scheming of Perry Fewell and the goofy plays from Gilbride during the majority of the regular season? Do I also need to mention we had probably the hardest schedule in the NFL?

Granted, these guys have a gaff now and then still but we are winning...and winning cures all ills.

I am ecstatic that this season has turned around 180 degrees for us.

Coughlin will be a Hall of famer as coach.

I was seeing the potential of some of these players who filled in or starred this season and thought that 2012 is going to be a much better year....can you imagine? Better than going to the Superbowl after such a rough season? I will be happy to see how it all works out for us next year when out IR'ed stars are back AND our team operating in a way it knows it can...now![/quote]
    Wow..good post
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Re: Lockout, Key Injuries, bad play-calling through most of season and Superbowl-bound

i never really wrote the season off even with the injuries and all. i always hoped and thought we would be in the thick of the nfce race!

overall i thought Gilbride done an adequate job. sometimes i hated him cuz he seemed to call the wrong plays at the wrong time.

Fewell was always my primary concern expecially after he lost 1st team players for the season, Tuck and Osi erratic and the secondary which gave up huge plays.

today i can see the Giants were persistent in what they wanted to do. thats working out well at this point and i believe they will keep that same attitude for one more game.

anything can happen in the playoffs and theres no better example than the New York Giants!