+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SMH at these refs

Im all for big hits, but Eli was getting murdered out there. last week Rodgers was bumped by Osi and got 15 yards. On MANY occasions Eli was driven head first into the dirt and not a single flag. THANK GOD we have Eli as our QB cuz any other qb would have been rattled. But these refs gotta do a way better job. If they play like this in the SB for the god sent Brady we may not win it

Re: SMH at these refs

[quote user="BigBlue121"]Im all for big hits, but Eli was getting murdered out there. last week Rodgers was bumped by Osi and got 15 yards. On MANY occasions Eli was driven head first into the dirt and not a single flag. THANK GOD we have Eli as our QB cuz any other qb would have been rattled. But these refs gotta do a way better job. If they play like this in the SB for the god sent Brady we may not win it
    [/quote]

I feel worse for Brady about being rattled, he takes it worse than Eli

6 came on sacks hard but you can't ask a D not to hit a qb with the ball still. I didn't see any late ones. That's the key it's about timing not how hard the hit was.

That said Eli took them like a trooper many otherqb's would have came out.

[quote user="Harooni"]6 came on sacks hard but you can't ask a D not to hit a qb with the ball still. I didn't see any late ones. That's the key it's about timing not how hard the hit was.

That said Eli took them like a trooper many otherqb's would have came out.[/quote]LMAO at your sig...but if that play on rodgers was late then they got away with A LOT of late hits. I was at the bar and even the niners fans that were there kept saying they got away with some

Compared to the packers game these refs were great. One I didn't care for was the sack/hit when 3-4 9ers jumped on Eli. I thought that was roughing.

They tried to kill that man.

Bench Player

Giants also got lucky at the end of the game when they didn't call a fumble on whoever it was. Guy clearly fumbled it but idiot ref blew his whistle way early. Ref clearly cost the 49ers the game but giants played well

[quote user="BigBlue121"]Im all for big hits, but Eli was getting murdered out there. last week Rodgers was bumped by Osi and got 15 yards. On MANY occasions Eli was driven head first into the dirt and not a single flag. THANK GOD we have Eli as our QB cuz any other qb would have been rattled. But these refs gotta do a way better job. If they play like this in the SB for the god sent Brady we may not win it
    [/quote]

What roughing the passer didn't they call last night? I thought the 49ers hits were pretty clean.

Now LAST week, some of the hits Eli took could have (and should have) been called but the past being the past ...
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="TheStomach"]Giants also got lucky at the end of the game when they didn't call a fumble on whoever it was. Guy clearly fumbled it but idiot ref blew his whistle way early. Ref clearly cost the 49ers the game but giants played well[/quote]

If by lucky, you mean the refs making the right call, then you're right.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Bench Player

[quote user="TheStomach"]Giants also got lucky at the end of the game when they didn't call a fumble on whoever it was. Guy clearly fumbled it but idiot ref blew his whistle way early. Ref clearly cost the 49ers the game but giants played well[/quote]

That play was questionable AT BEST. Easily could have been called either way. I love the Niners to death but they were outplayed and made too many mistakes. Williams accounted for two but the offense was horrid with the exception of the run game and a couple good break aways by VD. That kind of 3rd down percentage won't win a Super Bowl against the Pats.
    Time to stop making excuses, we were outplayed in a hell of a battle. Let's leave it at that and look forward to next year. Congrats again G-Men.