+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cosmic Retribution for The Botched Snap

Two whiffed punts? BUMMER

Veteran

Re: Cosmic Retribution for The Botched Snap

WOW.

I just realized that we almost botched a snap AGAIN.

Man I just feel so much better now lol..I realize that was a great job by Weatherford, but I can't believe I didn't think of the other playoff game when that happened.

Crazy

Veteran

[quote user="Pakman"]WOW. I just realized that we almost botched a snap AGAIN. Man I just feel so much better now lol..I realize that was a great job by Weatherford, but I can't believe I didn't think of the other playoff game when that happened. Crazy[/quote]

It gets more cosmic:

3 of the last 4 post season games between the Giants-49ers have come down to FG attempts in the final seconds or in sudden death OT. 1991, 2003 and 2012. The last two NFC Title games between the Giants and 49ers were decided by a kicker who wore number 9. Bahr in 1991 and Tynes in 2012 both at Candlestick.

Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Veteran

[quote user="repeatchamps"]

[quote user="Pakman"]WOW. I just realized that we almost botched a snap AGAIN. Man I just feel so much better now lol..I realize that was a great job by Weatherford, but I can't believe I didn't think of the other playoff game when that happened. Crazy[/quote]

It gets more cosmic:

3 of the last 4 post season games between the Giants-49ers have come down to FG attempts in the final seconds or in sudden death OT. 1991, 2003 and 2012. The last two NFC Title games between the Giants and 49ers were decided by a kicker who wore number 9. Bahr in 1991 and Tynes in 2012 both at Candlestick.

[/quote]

WTF!

Veteran

[quote user="Pakman"][quote user="repeatchamps"]

It gets more cosmic:

[/quote] WTF![/quote]

It gets even stranger. In the 1980's playoffsthe Giants lost to the 49'ers in 1981 and 1984 both in SF but finally beat them in the divisional wildcard game in 1985 (granted that was at Giants stadium). So third time was a charm then. The Giants had lost two consecutive playoff games to the 49ers (1994 and 2003 both in SF)going into yesterday's game. So once again third time was a charm only difference being that they cashed in that charm in SF and not at Giants stadium this time around which makes it even sweeter.

Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Were they all at the same end of the field? Sure looked like it. Giants games are always so ****y

Veteran

[quote user="NYG 5"]Were they all at the same end of the field? Sure looked like it. Giants games are always so funky[/quote]

Yes. The botched kick in 2003, the Bahr kick in 1991 and Tynes' kick yesterday were allfacing the same goalposts.

luv your blue

All-Pro

i was screaming ... Trey Junkin can't save you freakin 49ers this time!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="repeatchamps"]

[quote user="NYG 5"]Were they all at the same end of the field? Sure looked like it. Giants games are always so funky[/quote]

Yes. The botched kick in 2003, the Bahr kick in 1991 and Tynes' kick yesterday were all*facing the same goalposts.

[/quote]

Amazing. I hope they never knock down that building, so much history there