+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Niner fans next door to me blaming weather on turnovers, LOL

And say that whistle blew to soon on that AB play where ball came out. I told them don't want to hear it. We have 1 or 2 huge calls go against us every game. What about Davis stepping out? No holding calls on either niners or packers?

Anyway, back to point of thread. It was a horrible Weather day for sure. But the Weather had no effect on either turnover. Period!
    First one the Rain did not make the ball bounce off his knee, lol. He was to close, he should have not been anywhere near that ball.

On the second J. Williams just made a great special teams play punching the ball out. Wetness or wind had nothing to do with it. He tried to advance and got popped and coughed it up. That happens in a Dome or on bright sunny day IMO.

My neighbors don't agree

I told them even though they had best all around team, that in the end the Giants experience and the niners lack of it in a Huge game like that would be deciding factor. It was. Also Alex smith disappeared late in game and into the OT.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Re: Niner fans next door to me blaming weather on turnovers, LOL

Retribution for 2002 and the non-call for PI...

[quote user="miked1958"]And say that whistle blew to soon on that AB play where ball came out. I told them don't want to hear it. We have 1 or 2 huge calls go against us every game. What about Davis stepping out? No holding calls on either niners or packers?

Anyway, back to point of thread. It was a horrible Weather day for sure. But the Weather had no effect on either turnover. Period!
    First one the Rain did not make the ball bounce off his knee, lol. He was to close, he should have not been anywhere near that ball.

On the second J. Williams just made a great special teams play punching the ball out. Wetness or wind had nothing to do with it. He tried to advance and got popped and coughed it up. That happens in a Dome or on bright sunny day IMO.

My neighbors don't agree

I told them even though they had best all around team, that in the end the Giants experience and the niners lack of it in a Huge game like that would be deciding factor. It was. Also Alex smith disappeared late in game and into the OT.[/quote]

speaking of holding calls..i dont know if you guys will know what i am talking about cause i dont remember which specific play it was but it was tuck coming off the edge and the guy had allllll jersey trying to pull him down and i was sure they were gonna throw a flag so i didnt worry when they picked up a 1st down and nope..no call...ridiculous

[quote user="smashndash715"][quote user="miked1958"]And say that whistle blew to soon on that AB play where ball came out. I told them don't want to hear it. We have 1 or 2 huge calls go against us every game. What about Davis stepping out? No holding calls on either niners or packers?

My neighbors don't agree

I told them even though they had best all around team, that in the end the Giants experience and the niners lack of it in a Huge game like that would be deciding factor. It was. Also Alex smith disappeared late in game and into the OT.[/quote]

speaking of holding calls..i dont know if you guys will know what i am talking about cause i dont remember which specific play it was but it was tuck coming off the edge and the guy had allllll jersey trying to pull him down and i was sure they were gonna throw a flag so i didnt worry when they picked up a 1st down and nope..no call...ridiculous[/quote]
    Oh I remember it. They were holding JPP the whole game to.

But do u guys agree. NO WAY the Rain was a factor in those turnovers to me.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Last time i watched, the Giants played with the same weather conditioins. Or did it only rain when the 49ers had the ball?

[quote user="miked1958"][quote user="smashndash715"][quote user="miked1958"]And say that whistle blew to soon on that AB play where ball came out. I told them don't want to hear it. We have 1 or 2 huge calls go against us every game. What about Davis stepping out? No holding calls on either niners or packers?

My neighbors don't agree

speaking of holding calls..i dont know if you guys will know what i am talking about cause i dont remember which specific play it was but it was tuck coming off the edge and the guy had allllll jersey trying to pull him down and i was sure they were gonna throw a flag so i didnt worry when they picked up a 1st down and nope..no call...ridiculous[/quote]
    Oh I remember it. They were holding JPP the whole game to.

But do u guys agree. NO WAY the Rain was a factor in those turnovers to me.[/quote]

there was also a non call on L.Joseph when he got penetration up the middle, BLATANT pulling the BACK of his jersey to hold him.

there were several holding calls that were easy to see on TV, dont know how the refs could miss them.

I don't think there was enough evidence to overturn Davis staying in bounds, but you are right on about the rest.

The weather had nothing to do with Williams trying to return the ball and getting it punched out. He shouldn't even have been close to the ball on the first turnover. Nothing to do with rain.

They blew the whistle too early on Bradshaw? Is he serious? That was the right call. He was stood up by two defenders and the third ran up on him to take the ball. If that was the case, everyone would be trying to stand up a runner so that their teammates can rip it away.

Sounds like your neighbor is just eating sour grapes.

IF the refs on the field had called Davis OB, it wouldn't have been overturned. Ditto if they had blown the whistle a second later on AB's 'fumble'. It all evened out.
    SF's D was a beast in the 2nd half. Any giant fan can appreciate such ferocious D. Luckily the bounces went our way (Eli's fumble early, both punts), in an otherwise incredibly even game.

[quote user="pino"]I don't think there was enough evidence to overturn Davis staying in bounds, but you are right on about the rest. The weather had nothing to do with Williams trying to return the ball and getting it punched out. He shouldn't even have been close to the ball on the first turnover. Nothing to do with rain. They blew the whistle too early on Bradshaw? Is he serious? That was the right call. He was stood up by two defenders and the third ran up on him to take the ball. If that was the case, everyone would be trying to stand up a runner so that their teammates can rip it away. Sounds like your neighbor is just eating sour grapes.[/quote]

So many don't know the rules. AB's forward progress was stopped and going backwards. There can't be a fumbles once forward progress stops. That is the rule

And yes I saw Giants' shirts being grabbed all day.

Davis clearly stayed in bounds. Don't know why so many had problem seeing. It was close though.

[quote user="miked1958"]And say that whistle blew to soon on that AB play where ball came out. I told them don't want to hear it. We have 1 or 2 huge calls go against us every game. What about Davis stepping out? No holding calls on either niners or packers? Anyway, back to point of thread. It was a horrible Weather day for sure. But the Weather had no effect on either turnover. Period! First one the Rain did not make the ball bounce off his knee, lol. He was to close, he should have not been anywhere near that ball. On the second J. Williams just made a great special teams play punching the ball out. Wetness or wind had nothing to do with it. He tried to advance and got popped and coughed it up. That happens in a Dome or on bright sunny day IMO. My neighbors don't agree I told them even though they had best all around team, that in the end the Giants experience and the niners lack of it in a Huge game like that would be deciding factor. It was. Also Alex smith disappeared late in game and into the OT.[/quote]

Do you honestly believe this? or just trying to give them something?

...the tortillas are dry...