+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Merril Hodge said if Giants win the sb Eli is better than Peyton.

As much as i love Eli and am a die hard giants fan, that comment is so false.

Peyton may be one of the best qbs ever to live, or top 3 of all time.

Not saying Eli will never get there, i think he will be up their by the end of his career and maybe better with Peyton which is a HuGE acomplishment, but he has a long ways to go..

Veteran

Re: Merril Hodge said if Giants win the sb Eli is better than Peyton.

BS. They are brothers...how much better can Peyton realistically be?

Who you play for...who is around you...who is your coach...who is your GM...who is your owner...where do you play?

So many variables it is impossible for anyone to say.

Another useless statement by a ESPN employee.

Can't they be different flavors of "really good"?
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

[quote user="BeatTHEJETS"]As much as i love Eli and am a die hard giants fan, that comment is so false.

Peyton may be one of the best qbs ever to live, or top 3 of all time.

Not saying Eli will never get there, i think he will be up their by the end of his career and maybe better with Peyton which is a HuGE acomplishment, but he has a long ways to go..[/quote]

You do realize Eli has a better passer rating and win percentage in the post season than Peyton right?

If the Gmen win the Superbowl this year, he'll also have more SB wins.

I'd say that puts him in the same conversation as Peyton and statistically (team wise) better.

Both guide their offenses amazingly well ... Peyton is more prolific (which is why he'll always be considered better).
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Merril Hodge said Eli Manning was a TOP 15 quarterback at the begining of THIS SEASON.

We're all just going to have to come to grips with the fact that the people you are letting form your opinion for you don't actually know what they are talking about. If you allow them to tell you what to do you intern will not know what you are talking about.

Do your own analysis, form your own opinion.

Also when Eli wins his second SB in a couple weeks he'll be more prosperous than big brother. Better is anyone's guess but Eli already has contributed alot more lor to world of football than big brother. I'd argue Elis SB win over the underfeated Pats and Tom Brady is greater then Big Brothers win over Rex Grossman.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Eli's had a better team and coaches around him than Peyton ever had. And for that, I'm thankful.

Now let's finish.
    We need our coaches to assign playing time based on something other than player salary.

No he won't. The Bspn goaline will move back a few yards after we win. It always does.

Bench Player

It's a toss up really.

I mean, who's to say Peyton wouldn't have done a better job here than Eli has. The Colts live and die by Peyton's performance as evidenced by their past season.

All I know is that I'm not willing to find out...

Numbers and rings will determin this in the end.