+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All-Pro

To Blitz or not to Blitz..

that is the question!

admittedly i am not an X's and O's kinda guy so id like to hear from the D Cordinators out there on how we handle the immortal Tom Brady..

lets hear the game plan

if a similar thread already exists..please delete Mods

Re: To Blitz or not to Blitz..

footballoutsiders had the giants as 9th in the league in how often they send 6 or more rushers.

Thought that was interesting considering how often everyone blamed Fewell for not blitzing.

The giants rush 4 63% of the time.

Not sure if these type of things have changed recently. That is overall for the season

All-Pro

Brady is very good against the blitz ... i'm certainly no DC, but my 1st instinct would be to try to get pressure with 4 or 5 at the most

it would be interesting to re-watch the earlier matchup this season

We are not a blitz team. I think we will try to get there with our front 4 and once in a while bring a blitz to change up the looks.

[quote user="nygsb42champs"]We are not a blitz team. .[/quote]

This is not true!

Brady will look to get rid of the ball early. He's ascared. Rush 4, play up on the receivers. Occasional blitz.

All-Pro

[quote user="slipknottin"]footballoutsiders had the giants as 9th in the league in how often they send 6 or more rushers. Thought that was interesting considering how often everyone blamed Fewell for not blitzing. The giants rush 4 63% of the time. Not sure if these type of things have changed recently. That is overall for the season[/quote]What do we do vs Brady.. take the blitzing up a notch?

Giants don't need to blitz to get pressure on QBs. This is a huge strength for the Giants so they can play their LBs back or double team certain players. If the Giants don't get enough pressure, then they can increase their blitzes but I think the front 4 will put plenty of pressure on Brady.

[quote user="Gimaniac"]Brady will look to get rid of the ball early. He's ascared. Rush 4, play up on the receivers. Occasional blitz.[/quote]

Not sure that Brady is "ascared." However, by the end of the game, he will be! []

I agree, rush 4, jam the receivers, especially Welker, to disrupt timing. And blitz occasionally.
    Do not feed the trolls.

Brady is simple. You just have to knock him down and he turns into a shell of himself.

If we can get there fast enough with 4 we bring 4 if not bring 5 if not bring 6

Bring 11 but pressure the QB at all costs. Brady will be a world beater if you give him time but if you pressure him he'll just start chucking the ball to us,
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.