+ Reply to Thread

this could be the beginning of a long Eli Manning- Aaron Rodgers, Giants-Packers rivalry

First, after listening to the FAN about Bradshaw's screws in his foot giving him pain, and not even being able to have a shoe fitted for him, the giants just aren't going to be running the ball. Just because the packer run defense is sort of their weakness doesn't mean the giants can suddenly use their weakest dimension against them, especially when their best runner HAS A BROKEN FOOT. Why they're trying to rush him onto the field is beyond me, save him for the playoffs.

But back on topic, the brady-manning rivalry is at its twilight. This upcoming game, Its going to be a throwing contest, and I think the giants and packers are going to be seeing an awful lot of eachother. Both have young offenses led by elite, younger quarterbacks. This game is going to rest on eli manning, and the run-around defensive line.

Re: this could be the beginning of a long Eli Manning- Aaron Rodgers, Giants-Packers rivalry

[quote user="NYG 5"]First, after listening to the FAN about Bradshaw's screws in his foot giving him pain, and not even being able to have a shoe fitted for him, the giants just aren't going to be running the ball. Just because the packer run defense is sort of their weakness doesn't mean the giants can suddenly use their weakest dimension against them, especially when their best runner HAS A BROKEN FOOT. Why they're trying to rush him onto the field is beyond me, save him for the playoffs. But back on topic, the brady-manning rivalry is at its twilight. This upcoming game, Its going to be a throwing contest, and I think the giants and packers are going to be seeing an awful lot of eachother. Both have young offenses led by elite, younger quarterbacks. This game is going to rest on eli manning, and the run-around defensive line.[/quote]

The Giants still need to try and run......

Rogers and the Packers offense are playing on another level. No way Eli and the Giants offense can match them score for score. Not a diss on Eli just the facts. I like Eli but Rogers is absolutleyon fire.

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Re: this could be the beginning of a long Eli Manning- Aaron Rodgers, Giants-Packers rivalry

Playoffs?

We'll have to see major improvement in the defensive effort for us to be able to keep pace on the scoreboard. As for the rivalry thing, the teams would have to be on the same competitive level for the media to latch onto that. Right now, Rodgers - Brees seems more likely, until the Giants solidify their personnel - whether by acquisitions or by shaking the injury bug - or a combination of the two.