+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Perspective: Eli was HIT more than Gore, Bradshaw, and Jacobs

think about that for a moment. Eli was hit 22 times I believe, some were just "you got jacked up" level.

Watching ESPN and Dilfer talk about Eli's performance, I agree. How Eli played was about as good as a QB can play in those conditions, against that defense, getting hit 22 times.

Seriously, think about that, Eli was getting leveled like he was playing RB. It was truly a heroic, gutsy performance. And some of those throws were also as good as it gets. That 3rd and 15 to MM, AMAZING. The 9ers were in a prevent shell, and eli was able to keep the safeties off of MM.

That one 3rd down pass where eli had to contort his body, and throw Cruz open...seriously just amazing. That was one of the gutsiest, memorable games I have EVER seen from a QB. LEVELED 22 TIMES! ARE YOU SERIOUS??! NO TURNOVERS?!

IN THOSE CONDITIONS VS THAT DEFENSE?!?! Granted two of them had the chance at being picked, but throwing the ball close to 60 times against THAT defense who LED the league in created turnovers and ONLY 2! TWO were close to being picked.

I thought I was a big Eli homer before...fuggedaboudit

Re: Perspective: Eli was HIT more than Gore, Bradshaw, and Jacobs

[quote user="giantsfan420"]think about that for a moment. Eli was hit 22 times I believe, some were just "you got jacked up" level.

Watching ESPN and Dilfer talk about Eli's performance, I agree. How Eli played was about as good as a QB can play in those conditions, against that defense, getting hit 22 times.

Seriously, think about that, Eli was getting leveled like he was playing RB. It was truly a heroic, gutsy performance. And some of those throws were also as good as it gets. That 3rd and 15 to MM, AMAZING. The 9ers were in a prevent shell, and eli was able to keep the safeties off of MM.

That one 3rd down pass where eli had to contort his body, and throw Cruz open...seriously just amazing. That was one of the gutsiest, memorable games I have EVER seen from a QB. LEVELED 22 TIMES! ARE YOU SERIOUS??! NO TURNOVERS?!

IN THOSE CONDITIONS VS THAT DEFENSE?!?! Granted two of them had the chance at being picked, but throwing the ball close to 60 times against THAT defense who LED the league in created turnovers and ONLY 2! TWO were close to being picked.

I thought I was a big Eli homer before...fuggedaboudit[/quote]

I have never been more proud of this player... more fickle QBs like Romo or Vick would undoubtedly start to crumble under that much distress, against arguably the best defense this year, or within the past few years.

Hats off

and Eli's consecutive streak continues even though he practically was playing RB with how many times he got hit.

one thing i liked after the game, the OL were embarrassed with themselves, they realized what Eli had to do with practically little to no help from them.

Veteran

Reese MUST get Eli some protection during the offseason. I don't want to see him concussed next year.

[quote user="vcruz2013"][quote user="giantsfan420"]think about that for a moment. Eli was hit 22 times I believe, some were just "you got jacked up" level.

I thought I was a big Eli homer before...fuggedaboudit[/quote]

I have never been more proud of this player... more fickle QBs like Romo or Vick would undoubtedly start to crumble under that much distress, against arguably the best defense this year, or within the past few years.

Hats off[/quote]

+1. i thought my "pride" in eli was already at maximum levels...cant believe how gutsy a qb eli is. he may not be the best statistical QB, but imo, he IS the toughest and BEST for the giants

Ridiculous how many players were amazing this year

Eli, cruz, JPP to name a few

[quote user="M0rbid"]Reese MUST get Eli some protection during the offseason. I don't want to see him concussed next year.
    [/quote]

agreed. while i love the unity between them all, this is prob the last game we'll see KMac and Diehl, Diehl maybe will come back on a reduced salary as a depth player bc our OL seems to need those kind of guys who can play more than one spot on the OL, but we def. need to get some protection for eli

[quote user="giantsfan420"][quote user="M0rbid"]Reese MUST get Eli some protection during the offseason. I don't want to see him concussed next year.
    [/quote]

agreed. while i love the unity between them all, this is prob the last game we'll see KMac and Diehl, Diehl maybe will come back on a reduced salary as a depth player bc our OL seems to need those kind of guys who can play more than one spot on the OL, but we def. need to get some protection for eli[/quote]

Anyone else notice the liiiittle bit of success we had when Baas went down for those few plays and Petrus came in? There actually appeared to be some breathing room for Bradshaw to squeeze through.

And sure enough when Baas reentered the game, the run went back to being shut down... now I know it's probably not that simple but it was interesting to say the least.

[quote user="vcruz2013"][quote user="giantsfan420"][quote user="M0rbid"]Reese MUST get Eli some protection during the offseason. I don't want to see him concussed next year.
    [/quote]

agreed. while i love the unity between them all, this is prob the last game we'll see KMac and Diehl, Diehl maybe will come back on a reduced salary as a depth player bc our OL seems to need those kind of guys who can play more than one spot on the OL, but we def. need to get some protection for eli[/quote]

Anyone else notice the liiiittle bit of success we had when Baas went down for those few plays and Petrus came in? There actually appeared to be some breathing room for Bradshaw to squeeze through.

And sure enough when Baas reentered the game, the run went back to being shut down... now I know it's probably not that simple but it was interesting to say the least.[/quote]

u werent alone. if theres ONE thing i could say against Reese it'd be that signing. yet lo and behold here we are on the way to a super bowl.

when baas got hurt i looked right at my pops and said, watch now the run game will work better. BUT Petrus isnt as good as Baas in pass protection.

what does that say about our oline? before this game San fran was not known for sacks.

Eli took it like a trooper. i admit big ben and many others would have had to leave the game.
    eli did an incredible job of just keep getting up after those hits.

ps- id be pretty mad at my oline.

Coughlin using his Tablet