+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Beckum= Visanthe Shiancoe?

They have been using Beckum more and more lately and I am beginning to notice some similarities. Both are far too small to be tight ends, but work very well as sort of a hybrid slot receiver with some grit. Same size, both 3rd round picks, ect.

Has Beckum's playoff performance earned himself a job for next season?

Re: Beckum= Visanthe Shiancoe?

shiancoe was like 20-30 pounds bigger, and a far better blocker.

[quote user="slipknottin"]shiancoe was like 20-30 pounds bigger, and a far better blocker.[/quote]
    +1. but im liking that the giants org. is starting to try and incorporate beckum more and more. he looks like he can be a gamer if he's used correctly. problem is we've been trying to figure that out for some time now.

[quote user="slipknottin"]shiancoe was like 20-30 pounds bigger, and a far better blocker.[/quote] Shiancoe is actually a FA i'd be interested in picking up if we don't go for one if the draft or a bigger name.. I do think Beckum has earned as good a chance as anyone whos gonna be on the cusp of making the team next yr but hes not a gurantee as hes not done that much to gurantee a job or anything.. I appreciate the fact were seeing more outta him though .. 4first down catches this postseason and 7catches overall when he only had 5catches in the regular season..

Beckum had decent position and a ball almost hitting his hands yesterday in the 1st quarter and he had no clue how to gather himself and elevate to the ball. He`s not a blocker and not and energetic presence on the offense. There is a new breed of TE emerging in the NFL and he`s not the prototype. Best we scour the basketball courts for potential TE`s

[quote user="FDNY Fitzy"]They have been using Beckum more and more lately and I am beginning to notice some similarities. Both are far too small to be tight ends, but work very well as sort of a hybrid slot receiver with some grit. Same size, both 3rd round picks, ect.

Has Beckum's playoff performance earned himself a job for next season?[/quote]

Beckum = Visanthe Shiancoe's mom

Veteran

Really like that quick slant they gave him. He jumped INTO the defender to protect the ball and Eli. Great play.

I started a thread about this the other day. Phil Simms mentioned Beckum on Inside the NFL (Showtime) last week. I don't know what he knows about Beckum but apparently big things are expected of him. I just wish I could see it consistently.

Usually, in the playoffs, you don't start using guys who haven't gotten it done all year but they seem to be trying to work Beckum into the game plan more. I don't know, maybe Manning is getting good results from Beckum in practice and Ballard is too limited by his knee (or a combination of both).

Beckum doesn't have the ability Shianco has...VS was used alot more than TB within the Giants system even with Shockey as the #1 TE.

I doubt Beckum has done enough to earn himself a role on the team in 2012 but I am sure they will drag his carcass along for training camp to prove himself...We will likely develope Ballard and work Pascoe as more the Blocking TE/fullback...Maybe even draft another TE.

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"][quote user="FDNY Fitzy"]They have been using Beckum more and more lately and I am beginning to notice some similarities. Both are far too small to be tight ends, but work very well as sort of a hybrid slot receiver with some grit. Same size, both 3rd round picks, ect. Has Beckum's playoff performance earned himself a job for next season?[/quote] Beckum = Visanthe Shiancoe's mom[/quote]lol
    No one remembers who came in second.