+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

No more excuses for INJURIES after this year. Hats off to JR, TC (coaching) Eli & the players .

Back in the day (years ago) I felt injuries played a big role, and I use to use it as an excuse. But during one of the Pats SB winning runs, they had a lot of injuries, and yet made it as well as won it all.

Once I saw that, then I knew it could be done. Then you had GB from last year who lost quite a few of their key players as well, and we saw how they won it all. Again I was impressed, and it showed me with the right FO, Coaching staff, and key (Eli)players/pieces it could be done.

Then we had our injuries this year. I actually wrote to Dan on the NFCE Blog, saying while we have injuries. I felt we could still have a chance to win the division and see where it takes us. I made my points about T2 and Goff.

But even when the season started we still took a lot more damage from injuries that were keeping players out for months to even back on IR like Beatty for example. At that point I figured we have a chance, but there is still a limit to how many injuries you can have to survive. I thought we were reaching it or at that point. I mean we were the 2nd most injured team in over 20 years. So it would have been understandable to have had issues. Yet unlike the most injured team and some of the least injured teams behind us. I wonder if we are the only ones to reach the SB ( and hopefully in the end win it)?

It is a huge testament to JR (even though some things I don't agree with him on (Baas)), TC and the coaching staff for really having the next guy step up, and Eli literally carrying the team throughout the year, with others helping at critical spots(points) like JPP, Cruz, Weatherford, and even Blackburn to name a few.

Thank you JR, TC (coaching staff) and all the players for showing the heart you had all year, unlike a few years back where you were missing it.

Peace,
    DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

Re: No more excuses for INJURIES after this year. Hats off to JR, TC (coaching) Eli & the players .

Tip of the hat to the whole team.
    Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

Re: No more excuses for INJURIES after this year. Hats off to JR, TC (coaching) Eli & the players .

Well said. I'll never be down on the Giants again until we are officially ruled out of the playoffs. It feels so good to be back in the superbowl! LETS GO GMEN! ALL IN!

tip of the hat to the whole team and coaching staff.

but we don't make the playoffs with a ben rothlesberger or philip rivers at QB.

neither have shown the ability to bring a team back with our regular season defense.

alot of this was the quality of play of eli.

[quote user="CDN_G-FAN"]tip of the hat to the whole team and coaching staff.

but we don't make the playoffs with a ben rothlesberger or philip rivers at QB.

neither have shown the ability to bring a team back with our regular season defense.

alot of this was the quality of play of eli.[/quote]how dare you say that. I remember being called crazy back in the day for saying what you just did.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

for some that might of missed it.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

[quote user="DragonSoul"]Back in the day (years ago) I felt injuries played a big role, and I use to use it as an excuse. But during one of the Pats SB winning runs, they had a lot of injuries, and yet made it as well as won it all.

Once I saw that, then I knew it could be done. Then you had GB from last year who lost quite a few of their key players as well, and we saw how they won it all. Again I was impressed, and it showed me with the right FO, Coaching staff, and key (Eli)players/pieces it could be done.

Then we had our injuries this year. I actually wrote to Dan on the NFCE Blog, saying while we have injuries. I felt we could still have a chance to win the division and see where it takes us. I made my points about T2 and Goff.

But even when the season started we still took a lot more damage from injuries that were keeping players out for months to even back on IR like Beatty for example. At that point I figured we have a chance, but there is still a limit to how many injuries you can have to survive. I thought we were reaching it or at that point. I mean we were the 2nd most injured team in over 20 years. So it would have been understandable to have had issues. Yet unlike the most injured team and some of the least injured teams behind us. I wonder if we are the only ones to reach the SB ( and hopefully in the end win it)?

It is a huge testament to JR (even though some things I don't agree with him on (Baas)), TC and the coaching staff for really having the next guy step up, and Eli literally carrying the team throughout the year, with others helping at critical spots(points) like JPP, Cruz, Weatherford, and even Blackburn to name a few.

Thank you JR, TC (coaching staff) and all the players for showing the heart you had all year, unlike a few years back where you were missing it.[/quote]
    I've been really impressed by Blackburn this time around. Hopefully we keep him.

[quote user="BlueReign"][quote user="DragonSoul"]Back in the day (years ago) I felt injuries played a big role, and I use to use it as an excuse. But during one of the Pats SB winning runs, they had a lot of injuries, and yet made it as well as won it all.

Thank you JR, TC (coaching staff) and all the players for showing the heart you had all year, unlike a few years back where you were missing it.[/quote]
    I've been really impressed by Blackburn this time around. Hopefully we keep him.
    [/quote]I think he is a great utility player.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

[quote user="DragonSoul"][quote user="BlueReign"][quote user="DragonSoul"]Back in the day (years ago) I felt injuries played a big role, and I use to use it as an excuse. But during one of the Pats SB winning runs, they had a lot of injuries, and yet made it as well as won it all.

[/quote]I think he is a great utility player.[/quote]
    Agreed. He plays with so much energy and passion.

[quote user="BlueReign"][quote user="DragonSoul"][quote user="BlueReign"][quote user="DragonSoul"]Back in the day (years ago) I felt injuries played a big role, and I use to use it as an excuse. But during one of the Pats SB winning runs, they had a lot of injuries, and yet made it as well as won it all.

[/quote]I think he is a great utility player.[/quote]
    Agreed. He plays with so much energy and passion.
    [/quote]While Jakk had a fetish for blackburn being a starter. I do think it was a mistake to let him and Tollefson go. As i felt both were great utility players and can step in when needed and get it done for awhile.

Also they were both good ST players especially blackburn. Kudos to them.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul