+ Reply to Thread

Eli interview on Michael kay show ESPN1050 today must listen!

This was probably the best Giants interview in a long time. Eli was quite revealing, including about his condition today after being knocked down so many times, the routine people should use for the next two weeks, a lot more.

Rather than clichés like the usual interview, Kay asked a good line of questions and Eli-cited some information you won't hear anywhere else.

Here's the podcast replay

Re: Eli interview on Michael kay show ESPN1050 today must listen!

[quote user="GreenZone"]This was probably the best Giants interview in a long time. Eli was quite revealing, including about his condition today after being knocked down so many times, the routine people should use for the next two weeks, a lot more.

Rather than clichés like the usual interview, Kay asked a good line of questions and Eli-cited some information you won't hear anywhere else.

[/quote]

thanks for the link. gonna listen now.

Thanks for posting and I will listen.

But I cannot stand Michael Kay and for the life of me, I don't understand why Eli does these spots for him.

Kay baited him into the "Elite" question and then made fun of him for the entire season for answering it honestly. That and he always sounds like an angry, pompous child.

[quote user="GreenZone"]This was probably the best Giants interview in a long time. Eli was quite revealing, including about his condition today after being knocked down so many times, the routine people should use for the next two weeks, a lot more.

[/quote]never really listen as you mentioned that Eli doesn't really reveal anything. But if you say its worth a listen, I will check it out. Thanks.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

eli manning epitomizes what it means to be a sports hero. selfless, caring, determinged, tough. its a shame that in todays sports world, there are less eli mannings and more self centered primadonnas.

this interview was great, prob the best one i've ever heard eli give.

who knew that he and peyton discuss defensive schems on fridays? or that SF DC was a DC for Indy a few years ago.

Its just really awesome knowing there are so few eli mannings in the sports world, and we're lucky enough to have one of em. always a team first guy, always loves to put the team ahead of himself, and thats how he plays honestly. he doesnt care for the personal stats, he cares for the team wins.

thanks again for this link. best 25 min. i've spent at a computer in a while

[quote user="giantsfan420"]eli manning epitomizes what it means to be a sports hero. selfless, caring, determinged, tough. its a shame that in todays sports world, there are less eli mannings and more self centered primadonnas.

this interview was great, prob the best one i've ever heard eli give.

who knew that he and peyton discuss defensive schems on fridays? or that SF DC was a DC for Indy a few years ago.

Its just really awesome knowing there are so few eli mannings in the sports world, and we're lucky enough to have one of em. always a team first guy, always loves to put the team ahead of himself, and thats how he plays honestly. he doesnt care for the personal stats, he cares for the team wins.

thanks again for this link. best 25 min. i've spent at a computer in a while[/quote]

Well said. I couldn't agree more.

I am now a huge fan of Peyton Manning. You know he is helping out his younger brother any chance he can. Teaches Eli about defenses.

There's a lot we don't hear publicly about Eli, but for some reason, this interview was chocked full of great tidbits. By all rights, Eli should have had a concussion and numerous broken bones after the treatment he received at the hands of the 49er defense, so to hear what Eli said was his condition in the interview was almost stunning.

I just read David Tyree's great book "More than Just the Catch" and was surprised to see another side of Eli in his writing the foreward for the book. Every Giant fan needs to read that one by the way if you think that supernatural events never affect outcomes of games.