+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

That loss was Harbaugh's fault, not Kyle Williams

made this point all day.

he had a guy in on ST that wasn't his regular starter, dove for a fair catch punt in the 1st half, then had one bounce off his leg.

on the other side of the ball, after the bounce off on Williams, Coughlin switches to Aaron Ross and tells him to catch and secure the ball get your yards and go down before contact.

in OT, WIlliams gets stripped on a pretty simple play.

If Harbaugh wanted him to stay aggressive on his returns, then he wasn't paying attention to the conditions or situation, or he didn't trust is offense, or both.

bottom line, our coach saw the danger and adjusted, there's gambled and lost.

Don't blame the player for that, blame the coach. he had enough signs on the field already that he should have said something to him (assuming he didn't obviously).

Re: That loss was Harbaugh's fault, not Kyle Williams

On the botched punt off his knee..... He let the ball bounce and it took a very aggressive bounce forward that would have kept on rolling for the Giants favor. When he saw the bounce, he rethought about stopping the ball from rolling and changed his mind because the odd bounces. He simply couldn't make up his mind and the ball hit his knee..... You either go after the ball or STAY AWAY. Big mistake. Coaching couldn't help him with that brain f@rt.

On the fumble, I don't blame him for running hard (he had a big return earlier) but he better always have 2 hands on the ball when he is running. This is a playoff game here. People will forget about it in the regular season but not now. I blame the player.

[quote user="CDN_G-FAN"]made this point all day.

he had a guy in on ST that wasn't his regular starter, dove for a fair catch punt in the 1st half, then had one bounce off his leg.

on the other side of the ball, after the bounce off on Williams, Coughlin switches to Aaron Ross and tells him to catch and secure the ball get your yards and go down before contact.

in OT, WIlliams gets stripped on a pretty simple play.

If Harbaugh wanted him to stay aggressive on his returns, then he wasn't paying attention to the conditions or situation, or he didn't trust is offense, or both.

bottom line, our coach saw the danger and adjusted, there's gambled and lost.

Don't blame the player for that, blame the coach. he had enough signs on the field already that he should have said something to him (assuming he didn't obviously).[/quote]

He is still an idiot for not securing the ball correctly :P.

But I agree all the same. Don't try to be a hero, just get what you can and go down.
    "...two minute drill at the end of each quarter, Ya'know with the wind like this blowing mooch and marshall into the ocean...If that's behind me I think were getting 3 from 70 so holla at your boy. IF YOU DON"T PICK ME THAT'S A JOKE RIGHT?" - Justin Tucker, Ravens kicker

Complain?, ain't Nobody got time for dat!

GO GIANTS!

All-Pro

I made the point that for some reason on the last 3 49er possessions, Harbaugh abandoned the run.

Watching the game, the biggest thing i feared was Gore running on the last 3 series. Having Smith try to be TOm Brady was non sense.

Great point, that diving catch early in the game could have been disaster. The 49er offense is just not an NFL offense and it would appear neither are their special teams.

[quote user="Markroman"]I made the point that for some reason on the last 3 49er possessions, Harbaugh abandoned the run.

Watching the game, the biggest thing i feared was Gore running on the last 3 series. Having Smith try to be TOm Brady was non sense.[/quote]

seriously!!!

3 passing plays that chews up 18 seconds at the end of the game?

when smith had the ball with under 2 minutes to go, i thought, jeez, with gore and a VD pass, they could be in FG range with no time left on the clock.

and then 3 passing plays?

not alot of focus on Harbaugh in this loss at all.

[quote user="bflo23"]On the botched punt off his knee..... He let the ball bounce and it took a very aggressive bounce forward that would have kept on rolling for the Giants favor. When he saw the bounce, he rethought about stopping the ball from rolling and changed his mind because the odd bounces. He simply couldn't make up his mind and the ball hit his knee..... You either go after the ball or STAY AWAY. Big mistake. Coaching couldn't help him with that brain f@rt.

On the fumble, I don't blame him for running hard (he had a big return earlier) but he better always have 2 hands on the ball when he is running. This is a playoff game here. People will forget about it in the regular season but not now. I blame the player.
    [/quote]

Blaming the player is ridiculous.

Win and lose as a team. The offense didn't exactly bail him out any.

That kind of weak crap is for fans looking for a scapegoat.

The 49er players interviewed after the game were all great, not one would even entertain blaming Williams. Everyone of them defended him. That's a real team.

That loss was lucky, Bradshaws fumble non-call was too close for me
    Everyone has the right to be stupid. Some just abuse the privilege.

Greg Roman is at fault IMO.

The interior of the Giants DL was collapsing almost every running play by Iupati-Goodwin-Snyder. Roman never exploited it. They could have demoralized this defense by shoving it down our throats. It had been a while since I had seen that DL get beat at the POA consistently.

And then like someone else said, that 18 second drive and all those shotgun runs just were bad play calls. I mean, they could line up and run it, we couldn't. Harbaugh was even asked by reporters about all those shotgun runs and that 18 second drive.

When Aaron Ross fielded punts in the rain, he ran for a little and immediately went to the ground giving SF no chance for a fumble strip. He understood the situation at hand.

SF failed to do that and ultimately paid the price.

Good call and gameplant from ST coach and Tom Coughlin.