+ Reply to Thread

Where does Coach Coughlin rank among Giants coaches?

I have to say that I think that he is the best coach that the organization has ever had. I mean Coach Parcells was great winning 2 Superbowls with the great teams of the 80's and early 90's. But I think the game has changed since then yet everyone still considers him the best and we as fans hold him as the gold standard of Giants coaches. My question is were do you think Coughlin ranks in the new era of the NFL?

Re: Where does Coach Coughlin rank among Giants coaches?

you look at the coaches and the teams?

who's better, LT or Eli? Who made it easier for the respective teams to succeed?

personally, i'd say coughlin. Simply because he's overcome more than Parcells ever had to endure.

as Don Banks from SI said, after being fired 65 times since becoming the Giants head coach, he's heading to his 2nd SB in 4 years.

somewhere between fassel and parcells. closer to bill. of the old school, tough very very good top line coach.

All-Pro

#2 , but with a win in our next game, he is #1 IMO. Coughlin took this team to the playoffs 5 of his 7 years, not counting Eli's rookie season. 3 division titles, if we win 8-3 record in the postseason with 2 championships. He did this with teams that weren't suppose to do anything. 2007 it was that we were the worst playoff team in it, and we couldn't beat the 18-0 Pats, now this season the devistating injuries we had to work with and we still are here.

If he wins, he will be the best HC the Giants ever had.

He's tops. Look how many more good teams there are compared to Parcells era. Any given Sunday is more true now than in the past. There is also the huge scrutiny of social media and the internet which his job and the pressure on this job much, much greater. Could you imagine Parcells putting up with all this baloney? TC is one tough old dude, has teflon undies I swear.
    Just when I don't think it can get any worse, I think of you Ray Handjob. I have been to the abyss....thank you for helping me stay positive.

Win and he is #1

# 2, even if he wins this SB. Parcells' staffs were one of the two big "schools" of coaches along with Walsh of the 49ers.

If TC can win 3 SBs, then it's a different conversation.

Look what he's been able to do this season.

IMO, #1 already

[quote user="BigBlue wins"]Look what he's been able to do this season.

IMO, #1 already
    [/quote]
    I'm not slighting TC, but Tuna didn't make it a habit of his teams squeaking into the playoffs and they dominated many of their regular seasons.