+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

If you can pick one NYG super bowl squad for this match up...

If you can pick one NYG superbowl squad for this match up, which one would it be? The super bowl 21, 25, 35, 42, or 46?

Well obviously not the 35 crew, that was just a train wreck of a game, even if our defense didn't give up all 34 points. But still no way I would go with them.

Next, I would have to illuminate the super bowl 25 crew. Yeah, it was a great upset against the bills, but we had a backup QB. It was a very tough game but I Don't think they would stand the greatest chance out of the other super teams This team was tough, but it's a different time period and football has evolved, this team would crush our giants squad now, along with the 2007 team, but in the present day football this team doesn't suite the time period.

Okay, now I might have too take 42 out of the picture. It was magical and one of the best days of my young life watching my team win the super bowl for the first time. Without a doubt in my mind, this team would easily get the job done against these pats, just like in 2008, but in our playoff games the games were much closer then this year and Eli is playing a hair better now. I think it's a tie between this team and the team we have now, maybe I would even give this magical team an edge, but in this case, since neither one would be my first choice, I don't like to mess with fait, so I would chose this team over the next two.

After those three teams are gone, it gets real tough. Not that it wasn't tough once the 35 squad was out of the picture. I believe in all these teams. This team would be my runner up of a choice because I don't like to mess with fait. It kills me saying this but I wouldn't pick this team, the 46 guys. Oh don't get me wrong, I absolutely love our chances and truly believe we will go out there and show Brady who is boss, but I just think this one last team would do it tougher, and much more relentlessly.

So my choice would be the team that played in super bowl 21. Even though I wasn't around for this game, heck I wasn't around for 25 either, and I was a youngster for 35. But according to any prior knowledge and any research I did over the time I was a giant fan, anyway, this team really stuck it to elway, who I think is in the same pond as Brady. I know, Brady is great, but this team would run all over the patriots in my opinion. Is team was tough. Like I said, the game of football has evolved and it's very hard to compare time periods, but I would select this team.

Not taking anything away from the other teams, because I think that all these teams would stand a chance (I don't think 35 would win) and I think that this team and the 2007 team can stick it to this little Brady bunch. But I think that the 21 squad would be relentless and tear these guys apart. What do you guys think? Someone who has witnessed all the games? That's my scoop, thanks guys. Please respect my opinion, I think I know my fair share of history and I am a very passionate fan, almost died last night of heart attacks. Go giants! Super bowl bond, let's get it!

Re: If you can pick one NYG super bowl squad for this match up...

Turn off you pop-up blocker, and you can silulate any game...

http://www.whatifsports.com/nfl/default.asp#top

[quote user="redbeardxxv"]http://www.whatifsports.com/nfl/default.asp#top[/quote]

That's actually awesome, thanks I'll play around on that. But I'm looking for fan perspectives that go beyond numbers.

I'm happy with the team we have now.

Veteran

this. Eli is beast

This years team. Our offense is a force, our defense has been incredibly stout too.

I like our chances vs anyone. We just beat the two best teams in the NFL back to back IMO.

The '86 team was the most dominate team I've ever seen. We went 17-2 that year.

But that was then and this is now. These Giants are a great group and I'm enjoying the ride.
    RosieVision - Helping Giants fans see clearly since 2006

http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

[quote user="VelocityVirus"]I'm happy with the team we have now.
    [/quote]
    +1. This team is writing it's own story. Lets see how the story ends.

[quote user="VelocityVirus"]I'm happy with the team we have now.
    [/quote]

agreed. this is their time.

To ensure the win, I'd want the 86 team, but I'm very happy to just enjoy this ride. Could I just choose the 86 team with Eli at QB?