+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Why so many passes to Beckum yesterday?

Any idea why Beckum saw so many passes thrown his way yesterday? Was it because the other receivers were covered so well, or because they were trying to catch SF off guard? Do you think the Giants saw some match-up problem that they thought they could exploit?

Re: Why so many passes to Beckum yesterday?

[quote user="JJC7301"]Any idea why Beckum saw so many passes thrown his way yesterday? Was it because the other receivers were covered so well, or because they were trying to catch SF off guard? Do you think the Giants saw some match-up problem that they thought they could exploit?[/quote]

Tried to mix it up a bit I think.

Yeah, I felt like it was the element of surprise. He didn't do all that great but he held onto some balls while taking vicious hits. That's progress for Beckum, imo

eli trusts his receivers to make a play whenever he gets a good look from the defense to throw it to said receiver. im sure beckum was one of the 49ers' last concerns with all the other guys ahead of him at WR and TE.

[quote user="GiantsFan27"]eli trusts his receivers to make a play whenever he gets a good look from the defense to throw it to said receiver. im sure beckum was one of the 49ers' last concerns with all the other guys ahead of him at WR and TE.[/quote]
    If Eli has no problem with it, then I've got no problem with it. I always liked springing surprises on the opposing team, anyway.

Veteran

Because, he was the only one that was wide open.

Well atleast now we know we can count on him to be open when our other WR's are covered. other teams have their hands full with, Mario, victor and Hakim

[quote user="JJC7301"]Any idea why Beckum saw so many passes thrown his way yesterday? Was it because the other receivers were covered so well, or because they were trying to catch SF off guard? Do you think the Giants saw some match-up problem that they thought they could exploit?[/quote]

they are priming him for thisgame. i wouldnt be surprised if Beckumdoesnt score a td in the superbowl!

basically another weapon for Eli. maybe him and Ballard can rival Hernandez and Bronskowski. lol

[quote user="BigBlue1971"]

they are priming him for this*game.* i wouldnt be surprised if Beckum*doesnt score a td in the superbowl!

basically another weapon for Eli.* maybe him and Ballard can rival Hernandez and Bronskowski.* lol

[/quote]
    Ha! Yeah, wouldn't that be a trip. Shockey / Boss would have been a worthy tandem to add some sort of rivalry there.

[quote user="M0rbid"]Because, he was the only one that was wide open.
    [/quote]
    Well, he didn't accomplish much.