+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

To beat the packers

We have to at least score 35 points.

Can Bradshaw and his foot make a big difference?
    Can giants receivers manage to not to have critical drops or run out of bounds on 3rd downs short of the sticks?
    Can the defence get any pressure on rogers?
    Can special teams have a big return?
    Can tuck redeem himself with a second effort sack?
    Can eli check down and complete another 20 passes in a row rather then looking down field?

Make it happen.

No negative replies here please. I think we have enough of those floating around.

Re: To beat the packers

no to all of the above.

Any given Sunday man....you can't predict exactly how a game will go down. We could very well win this 17-14, we could also lose this 48-17....you never know how things will boil down.

I think the Giants need to control the time of possession. I hope to see a more effective run game this week, maybe a nice effective short pass game.

No turnovers on offense, maybe force a turnover or 2 with enough pressure on Rodgers, and good ST play. Who knows maybe our ST will set us up in good field position and pin the Packers back.

And no matter what---play to the whistle, show some heart, fire and guts!

“Winning is a habit. Unfortunately so is losing.”
    -Vince Lombardi

[quote user="tonyt830"]

I think the Giants need to control the time of possession. I hope to see a more effective run game this week, maybe a nice effective short pass game.

No turnovers on offense, maybe force a turnover or 2 with enough pressure on Rodgers, and good ST play. Who knows maybe our ST will set us up in good field position and pin the Packers back.

And no matter what---play to the whistle, show some heart, fire and guts!

[/quote]
    Hopefully ST make a good play, I was almost certain Scott was going to take one to the house against NO

All-Pro

We can't turn it over and have to force turn overs... they have to punt at least 5 times, and we score TD's not FGs...

the only way to beat the packers is to score more points than them before the whistle blows

TDs no FGs! we cant have good drives and trade 3 for the 7 the packers will likely get. i dont want tynes to sniff the field other than extra pts and kickoffs.

The way we win this game is as follows.

1. WE HAVE TO WANT IT MORE! The Patriots were the better team in 2007 but the Giants wanted it more.

2.Use the same plan the Steelers did against the Patriots. I have said all week, Perry Fewell needs to call **** Lebeau. We need to jam their receivers early and often and keep Rodgers in the pocket. Watch the deep routes. Make them throw short. Throw 4 and 5 men looks at them.

3.This game like it or not, is going to require us to play dirty. We need to step on WRs, grab TEs, hit Rodgers late that's just how it is.

4. GO AFTER THE BALL! We not only need to make tackles but punch at that ball. The Chicago Bears do this better than anyone in the league. Take a lesson.

5. The run game woke up last week and with Bradshaw, it should continue this this week.

6. AJ Hawk, Desmond Bishop are out which leaves in rookie DJ Smith calling signals. We have to pick on them the way teams have done to us. Mainly the Saints. Confuse him and cause havoc.

Not to mention their center who is probably the second best in the NFL is out so The Giants need to attack that as well.

Look, I have said this many times on here. The Giants were essentially the same team The Packers are now in 2008. Enter a trip to the Dawg Pound in Cleveland. Giants 14, Browns 34, or what about The Panthers vs us in 2009. How about the Browns again beating the Saints and The Steelers? Upsets happen and we could catch them looking ahead to Detroit. I know it looks bad guys, I do. Except I really think we do just enough to eek out a win. I just feel it. The way I did against the Eagles week 3.

Something tells me we end another streak.

Ringing in the 2012 season!

The only way, and I mean only way we are going to beat them is if our offense AND defense play well. None of this show up one week, sleepwalk the next crap.