+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Will Peyton play a part in prepping for the SB?

Peyton knows the Patriots as well as anyone. The game is being played on his turf. He is the brother of our QB. He had nothing else to do until March. Any chance he helps with some film work? Maybe a meeting with the TC, KG, & PF to lend some insight about the Pats?

Thoughts?

Veteran

Re: Will Peyton play a part in prepping for the SB?

I read in one of Mike Garafolo's articles that Eli and Peyton have called each other once or twice a week this season to go over the opposing team's defense.

I think it was Mike's...

Either way, I'd say probably yes

edit:

[link]http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/01/politi_eli_manning_earns_peyto.html[/link]

Peyton said he talked to Eli twice a week during the season, once on Friday to go over the defense the Giants faced that week, and once on Monday after the games. But he quickly added that there was little he could offer his brother but support. Eli, at this point in his career, didnít need it.

Axels is right. I recall hearing an interview where Eli said something like "We don't talk everyday but we talk about certain things and compare notes."

being Peyton's brother probably does have some advantages. Peyton is probably one of the greatest football minds around, I am convinced he could be a great coach one day.

Peyton does help Eli out with defenses and you know that Peyton knows Patriots defense schemes. Eli admitted it and you know Peyton is gonna help out his younger brother. Every brother would help out their brother in the same situation. I was watching NFL network video of the 2008 Super Bowl. When Eli was in the Super Bowl vs the Pats, Peyton was his biggest fan and was rooting for him big time in his box suite. He looked all nervous and he was making gestures to Eli like "hurry up eli... clock is ticking". Eli waits to very last second.

You know that being Eli's brother, and his biggest fan, Peyton will look the other way while giving Eli access to all of his notes and video on the Patriots. I really hope that Coughlin, Kevin, and Eli develop a great plan to completely exploit that defense.

It is just great to know that we have Peyton on our corner, even it if it is as an auxiliary Giants fan.

Go Blue!

[quote user="Bing Crosby"]Axels is right. I recall hearing an interview where Eli said something like "We don't talk everyday but we talk about certain things and compare notes."
    [/quote]

it was the interview with eli on nfl networks pregame deal this last sunday where eli was asked about reading that peyton and eli discuss defensive coverages on fridays. i too thought that was really cool.

but, at the same time i agree with peyton who said that theres nothing eli hasnt seen now and that how eli is playing, he doesnt need tips from anyone.

not to mention, peyton hasnt faced the patriots for some time now. the pats have a completely diff. team and personnel. doubt peyton would have more knowledge of the pats this year than eli, considering the giants and eli already beat NE in foxboro.

BUT, i think it would be really cool if they spent time watching tape together and going over a few things. not to the point where eli tries to do something he isnt comfortable doing. id think peyton would be sick with himself if he advised eli to do something and it ended up costing the giants and eli.

I can see Eli, Peyton and Archie Manning sitting at home watching video with playbooks in front of them.

Mess with Eli... Mess with the whole family.

also, keep in mind that despite being brothers, peyton and eli go about things in diff. ways. what might work for peyton may not work for eli and vise versa.

the only thing id like is for peyton and eli to go over what coverages a certain defensive look means. not stuff like "throw it here or throw it too cruz there" but stuff like "that look probably means a cover 3 so if u can look off the safety, there's a window...there's a window...etc. etc."

and possibly some little tips peyton uses to move around in the pocket or what kind of cadence gets the NE dl to jump offside.

Silly question...If you had a HoF QB brother who played the Pats regularly, would you talk to him about the game?

Hell yeah you would.[:P]