+ Reply to Thread
    All-Pro

A prediction from our 2007 victory:

I was looking online at the list of Superbowl winners over the years, and remembered something I said right after the 2007-08 superbowl win. I actually think I created a thread on here about it during the mass chaos of threads after our win and joking was talking about it with people on here.

If you remember in 1987, we won our first superbowl. It was the 1986 season, but the superbowl was in 1987. Then 4 years later, we won it all again in 1991, the 1990 season.

As I was looking at the list of Superbowl winning teams, it hit me.

I jokingly talked about how we would have to wait 4 more years till we won another superbowl, just like the 1987 / 1991 superbowl gaps... Well guess what, it is 4 years later after the 2008 superbowl, here in 2012. And we are back in the superbowl getting a shot at it.

Just thought it was pretty crazy that I, along with others on here, predicted this 4 years ago. And it is one game from becoming a true.

I think I did say it would be David Carr or J-Load playing QB for us though with Eli hurt, to make it more like our first 2 superbowls, but Ill take this. Eli is the Man.

Go Giants.

Bench Player

Re: A prediction from our 2007 victory:

lol but you didn't predict a rematch with the Pats... dang and I was gonna ask you for mega buck numbers! lol