+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

NIKE takes over New jerseys coming

In April 2012, Nike takes over the apparel contract from Reebok. And on the day that the switch was announced in October 2010, Nike Brand president Charlie Denson told Darren Rovell of CNBC that significant adjustments are coming.

“We plan on changing the NFL jersey dramatically just like we’ve done with the college programs, using new thinking and the greatest technology available,” Denson said. “The NFL program hasn’t had the same type of advancement in recent years.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-buyer-beware/

Re: NIKE takes over New jerseys coming

Not sure I like this... I LOVE our uniforms now. Anything to make $$$

[quote user="NYG4ME"]Not sure I like this... I LOVE our uniforms now. Anything to make $$$
    [/quote]

Yeah, hopefully it's just the material and this "new technology" Nike is talking about. I really wouldn't like any changes to the actual look of the jersey (love the old 80's uniforms though).

that kinda sucks, i have a 2000 and 2003 game issued jersey, and the 2003 reebok one is vastly superior to the 2000 nike one. the materials are a whole lot thicker, and everything is heavily stitched. the nike one's sleeve area is really flimsy, feels like the crappy screen printed jersey sleeves, and the jersey mesh is thinner.

that said, wouldn't mind if the giants wore these as alternates.

i hope nike brings back the little red triangle on the jersey, really the only thing missing. the away jerseys never even look pink anymore, that was the only problem i had with those. in the last superbowl, everything looked pink lol

[quote user="Gianthunter"]

In April 2012, Nike takes over the apparel contract from Reebok. And on the day that the switch was announced in October 2010, Nike Brand president Charlie Denson told Darren Rovell of CNBC that significant adjustments are coming.

“We plan on changing the NFL jersey dramatically just like we’ve done with the college programs, using new thinking and the greatest technology available,” Denson said. “The NFL program hasn’t had the same type of advancement in recent years.

[/quote]

yea this was announced a year ago thats why all the apperal on reebok.com was on sale over the Christmas season. New Era will make the new caps too

If they make a pro cut jersey I'll buy one. Can't stand the over sized jersey

Veteran

An alternative would be entertaining yet if they reinvent the whole uniform they are really screwing with the brand.

Bring back an updated-throwback to the '86 jersey. It's a sweet jersey.

It's time.

[quote user="Gianthunter"]

In April 2012, Nike takes over the apparel contract from Reebok.* And on the day that the switch was announced in October 2010, Nike Brand president Charlie Denson told Darren Rovell of CNBC that significant adjustments are coming.

[/quote]

Someone should tell Nike that all of their college jersey's are ugly