+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Coughlin must be ready to shuffle the O-line, if Wilfork overpowers Baas

In my opinion this is one of the key matchups of the game. In the last meeting we had Boothe starting at Center and Petrus in at LG. Which in my opinion is still our best O-line and by far our strongest.

Coughlin needs to be ready to pull Baas if if he gets pushed around early.

Re: Coughlin must be ready to shuffle the O-line, if Wilfork overpowers Baas

i'm not worried about gronk or hernendez or welker.

i'm worried about wilfolk.

he was a beast in the last game and a nose in a 3-4 playing great can turn a cruddy defense into a really effective one.

i watched baas get just BLOWN UP by Willis a couple times.

Willis is a fantastic player but for the love of God, Baas has a 90 lbs weight advantage on PW.

Baas needs to have the game of his freakin' life, or he needs help.

Veteran

[quote user="Warchild"]In my opinion this is one of the key matchups of the game. In the last meeting we had Boothe starting at Center and Petrus in at LG. Which in my opinion is still our best O-line and by far our strongest. Coughlin needs to be ready to pull Baas if if he gets pushed around early.[/quote]

While I agree, it just isn't going to happen unless Baas gets injured. Frustrating yes, but that's the bottom line and there's nothing weor anyone else can do about it.

Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Petrus did not play in that first game. Boothe played center and Beatty was the left tackle and Deihl the guard I believe. Petrus didn't make his debut til the GB game

All-Pro

I think Boothe has been better than Baas any time he has had a chance.

All-Pro

this is a tricky one, a push up the middle could make it a long day for Eli, but Wilfork is a big guy and altho he has a good motor, he will have to pace himself

and i wouldn't be so definitive in saying Coughlin won't replace Baas ... i agree he would really have to stink it up, but Coughlin is at a point with the Giants where he can make a move like that and few in the media or in the fan base would be able to fairly question the move

I was never content with the Baas acquisition.

Nobody is perfect and this is one of Reese's mistakes. Oh well.

I think Boothe should be center, he has been better for the run especially. If we are forced to have a shoot out, Baas will most likely be the center.

[quote user="Warchild"]In my opinion this is one of the key matchups of the game. In the last meeting we had Boothe starting at Center and Petrus in at LG. Which in my opinion is still our best O-line and by far our strongest.

Coughlin needs to be ready to pull Baas if if he gets pushed around early.[/quote]Do not say that or some may think your not a real fan, since everything is rosy and peachy, and we should never critique the team before the SB.

Just saying
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

[quote user="G-Man67"]this is a tricky one, a push up the middle could make it a long day for Eli, but Wilfork is a big guy and altho he has a good motor, he will have to pace himself

and i wouldn't be so definitive in saying Coughlin won't replace Baas ... i agree he would really have to stink it up, but Coughlin is at a point with the Giants where he can make a move like that a few could fairly question him[/quote]

coughlin won't stick with anyone out of pure loyalty.

if he sees someone in practice that deserves a spot, they'll get it. its the reason Victor Cruz is our star WR and our 3rd round pick this year at WR is playing ST.

what i can GUARANTEE?

Boothe will take snaps at center during practice over the next couple weeks fo' sho'. and more than a couple.

All-Pro

the one thing that scares me with Boothe is the shotgun snap ... i know he bounced one off his thigh or was it 2?

anyway, let's hope Baas can have his best game of the season ... we must have seen something that made us believe he was at least a decent center ... altho, i wouldnt say SF missed him ... maybe he was overrated due to Frank Gore