+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    All-Pro

Harbaugh highly frustrated, says non fumble like tuck rule:

Jim Harbaugh's inner world is not for sale.

During his season-ending press conference Monday, the 49ers coach grew frustrated with questions he deemed too chatty in the wake of Sunday's NFC championship loss to the Giants.

"How did you spend your time after the game? What did you do last night?" a reporter asked.

The Press Democrat reported that Harbaugh emitted an awkward giggle before diving headfirst into a bristling account of life on the West Coast.

"Is it just California -- that everybody just wants to know how you feel?" Harbaugh asked the room. "Care about what you thought, what you did, how you felt, how your pinky feels."

"Is that just a California thing? Back where I come from, nobody really cares. In my opinion, it is a California thing."

Harbaugh insisted he didn't "feel comfortable" discussing his feelings, calling that "a Midwestern thing."

Please.

Harbaugh isn't exactly fresh off the bus. Michigan roots aside, he attended Palo Alto High School before stints with the Raiders, the University of San Diego, Stanford, and now the Niners. In a season that offered a heavy dose of joy in the streets of San Francisco, Harbaugh left the Bay Area shaking its head this time around.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...und-the-league

Earnest Byner made championship game history with The Fumble. Twenty-four years later, the 49ers are lamenting The Fumble ... That Wasn't.

It happened with 2:29 remaining in regulation of Sunday's NFC Championship Game. With the score tied at 17, Giants running back Ahmad Bradshaw caught a pass from Eli Manning and had the ball stripped before he went to the ground at New York's 21-yard line. The 49ers recovered the ball, putting them in prime position for the winning score.

But the play was blown dead, with game officials ruling Bradshaw's forward progress had been stopped before the ball popped loose.

The Giants retained possession and punted the ball out of their territory. The 49ers never sniffed the red zone again in a heartbreaking 20-17 overtime loss.

"In my opinion, that was a fumble," 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh said during his news conference Monday. "I'm sure the league will defend it and the officials will defend it. But to me, that play was still going on. There was still struggling by Bradshaw. ... I felt like it was analogous with the tuck rule."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...-the-tuck-rule

Re: Harbaugh highly frustrated, says non fumble like tuck rule:

Geez, is it a mid west thing to blame the loss on the refs? How about acting like a class act and say you were beaten by the better team and move on.

I spent the whole season trying to figure out who was the real scumbag- Harbaugh or Jim Schwartz.

Turns out the answer was- BOTH

like i said in the OTHER Bradshaw fumble thread...........Bummer! :/
    "...two minute drill at the end of each quarter, Ya'know with the wind like this blowing mooch and marshall into the ocean...If that's behind me I think were getting 3 from 70 so holla at your boy. IF YOU DON"T PICK ME THAT'S A JOKE RIGHT?" - Justin Tucker, Ravens kicker

Complain?, ain't Nobody got time for dat!

GO GIANTS!

All-Pro

[quote user="SackingMyths"]I spent the whole season trying to figure out who was the real scumbag- Harbaugh or Jim Schwartz.

[/quote]

did you see his BS handshake with Coughlin ... i mean Coughlin is one of the real good guys in the sport and he pulls that stuff ... i realize he wears his emotions on his sleeve, but give Tom a proper congrats and then go whine to the press

[quote user="TuckYou"]

Jim Harbaugh's inner world is not for sale.

During his season-ending press conference Monday, the 49ers coach grew frustrated with questions he deemed too chatty in the wake of Sunday's NFC championship loss to the Giants.

"How did you spend your time after the game? What did you do last night?" a reporter asked.

The Press Democrat reported that Harbaugh emitted an awkward giggle before diving headfirst into a bristling account of life on the West Coast.

"Is it just California -- that everybody just wants to know how you feel?" Harbaugh asked the room. "Care about what you thought, what you did, how you felt, how your pinky feels."

"Is that just a California thing? Back where I come from, nobody really cares. In my opinion, it is a California thing."

Harbaugh insisted he didn't "feel comfortable" discussing his feelings, calling that "a Midwestern thing."

Please.

Harbaugh isn't exactly fresh off the bus. Michigan roots aside, he attended Palo Alto High School before stints with the Raiders, the University of San Diego, Stanford, and now the Niners. In a season that offered a heavy dose of joy in the streets of San Francisco, Harbaugh left the Bay Area shaking its head this time around.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...und-the-league

Earnest Byner made championship game history with The Fumble. Twenty-four years later, the 49ers are lamenting The Fumble ... That Wasn't.

It happened with 2:29 remaining in regulation of Sunday's NFC Championship Game. With the score tied at 17, Giants running back Ahmad Bradshaw caught a pass from Eli Manning and had the ball stripped before he went to the ground at New York's 21-yard line. The 49ers recovered the ball, putting them in prime position for the winning score.

But the play was blown dead, with game officials ruling Bradshaw's forward progress had been stopped before the ball popped loose.

The Giants retained possession and punted the ball out of their territory. The 49ers never sniffed the red zone again in a heartbreaking 20-17 overtime loss.

"In my opinion, that was a fumble," 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh said during his news conference Monday. "I'm sure the league will defend it and the officials will defend it. But to me, that play was still going on. There was still struggling by Bradshaw. ... I felt like it was analogous with the tuck rule."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...-the-tuck-rule

[/quote]

If any team needs to stand up on a soap box and scream about bad calls or non calls its the Giants. PLEASE

Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Bench Player

GAWD:

1. the whistle blew thus the play is DEAD.. it doesnt matter if you think its a fumble or not the whistle blew...

2. The Tuck Rule was CALLED CORRECTLY! It sucks as a rule but it was called 100% correct!

I am so tired of CALIFORNIA teams whining about why they lost, as an impartial outsider it was sad one of the two teams had to lose, BOTH deserved to win and played hard and well enough to win. But with this comment I am so glad he lost.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-playof...al-near-fumble

look where the ref "spots" the ball after it gets ripped out. he is 2-3 yards up the field from where the ball was stripped. bradshaw had stop moving forward at the spot the ref set, was going backwards, still was struggling, but was in the process of falling down (backwards) when the ball was ripped out.

i don't get whats wrong about that. if i was in their position i would probably feel the same way, but theres no way that was the wrong call.

make that 1-2 yards, not 2-3*

Bench Player

[quote user="G-Man67"][quote user="SackingMyths"]I spent the whole season trying to figure out who was the real scumbag- Harbaugh or Jim Schwartz.

[/quote]

did you see his BS handshake with Coughlin ... i mean Coughlin is one of the real good guys in the sport and he pulls that stuff ... i realize he wears his emotions on his sleeve, but give Tom a proper congrats and then go whine to the press[/quote]

Yea that bothered me. He didn't even look at coughlin