+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

For Those Who Laughed

back in week 17 when I said Eli Manning was the best Quarterback in football...

That joke is getting less and less funny by the minute.

Im not saying Eli Manning is better than Tom Brady, but Eli Manning is playing better than Tom Brady since Week 14, former Super Bowl-winning quarterback Trent Dilfer, now an NFL analyst for ESPN, said on ESPN radio. Hes playing the best at quarterback of anybody in football. This is as good a quarterback matchup as youll find, and Eli Manning has the advantage right now.

[link]http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-01-24/eli-manning-s-toughness-translates-to-giants-success-coach-coughlin-says.html[/link]

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

All-Pro

Re: For Those Who Laughed

So it's still funny?

[quote user="lawl"]So it's still funny?[/quote]

you tell me you math wiz
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

What I don't care for is the freakin' NY Daily News claiming Eli is better than Brady and the backpage dedicated to planning the parade.

I RARELY if ever agree with Craig Carton, but this morning he was putting the media in it's place about this. He said it's one thing for fans to beat their chests and say they're going to win, but sportswriters are supposed to be unbiased. We must look like absolute tools in NE. I hope they realize its the media and not the Giants organization.

All-Pro

[quote user="burier"][quote user="lawl"]So it's still funny?[/quote]

you tell me you math wiz[/quote]

You were the one that said noone would believe you until one of the dumb "talking heads" caught on.

Of course you're the first to post a quote of this nature.

Aaron Rodgers, among others, is still better than Eli. Not that that matters, but since you brought it up...

[quote user="CTLadyBlue"]What I don't care for is the freakin' NY Daily News claiming Eli is better than Brady and the backpage dedicated to planning the parade.

I RARELY if ever agree with Craig Carton, but this morning he was putting the media in it's place about this. He said it's one thing for fans to beat their chests and say they're going to win, but sportswriters are supposed to be unbiased. We must look like absolute tools in NE. I hope they realize its the media and not the Giants organization.[/quote]

I agree, for once he's absolutely right. Leave the unrealistic ****iness to us, we do it better than the media.[:P]

[quote user="lawl"][quote user="burier"][quote user="lawl"]So it's still funny?[/quote]

you tell me you math wiz[/quote]

You were the one that said noone would believe you until one of the dumb "talking heads" caught on.

Of course you're the first to post a quote of this nature.

Aaron Rodgers, among others, is still better than Eli. Not that that matters, but since you brought it up...[/quote]

I don't really see your point about me posting the quote. The quote exsists weather I post it or not.

As far as who's better than Eli. You're welcome to your opinion.

[quote user="CTLadyBlue"]What I don't care for is the freakin' NY Daily News claiming Eli is better than Brady and the backpage dedicated to planning the parade.

I RARELY if ever agree with Craig Carton, but this morning he was putting the media in it's place about this. He said it's one thing for fans to beat their chests and say they're going to win, but sportswriters are supposed to be unbiased. We must look like absolute tools in NE. I hope they realize its the media and not the Giants organization.[/quote]

It's what the NY media does, nothing more or less. They vomit, we read.... and react

Honestly the media here in Boston did pleanty of chest thumping leading up to the 07 SB. They all looked like tools in the end and are avoiding making the same mistake again. No brownie points for that.

The New York media should be a little more even handed but its still early. There a going to be 10 million opinions heard before kickoff.

Bench Player

The BEST QB in football? The hottest MAYBE.. not the BEST... He is the best QB with a D behind him in football...

What I mean is he doesnt have to be perfect he can make a couple mistakes and has a D capable bailing him out. I dont think Brady, Brees, or Rodgers can say that.. (we sure know that was true for his brother for all these years NO D.)

Now put say Brees,Brady or P Manning on the Giants since say 2007... I say you guys be going for a 5th SB Title in a row right now with ANY of those three.