+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I hate to go to the "Star Wars" analogy, but...

We did it plenty in 2007... Eli Manning just blew up the Death Star, Belichick as the Emperor, etc.

In XLII the Giants were severe underdogs being lead to the slaughter, they had NO CHANCE. Like Luke going to face Vader in Empire Strikes Back. Just being toyed with. They don't belong on the same field.

Now, in XLVI, it's a match of equals. like the rematch in Jedi. Luke absolutely belongs toe-to-toe with Vader. Indeed, you are powerful, as the Emperor has forseen.

Finish him and throw the Emperor down the shaft.

8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Re: I hate to go to the "Star Wars" analogy, but...

[quote user="SweetZombieJesus"]We did it plenty in 2007... Eli Manning just blew up the Death Star, Belichick as the Emperor, etc.

In XLII the Giants were severe underdogs being lead to the slaughter, they had NO CHANCE. Like Luke going to face Vader in Empire Strikes Back. Just being toyed with. They don't belong on the same field.

Now, in XLVI, it's a match of equals. like the rematch in Jedi. Luke belongs toe-to-toe with Vader. Indeed, you are powerful, as the Emperor has forseen.

[/quote]

lol but...That would mean Brady would have to throw Belechik down a shaft....

Maybe he'll just throw him under the bus after they lose? That could work...

LOVE THIS !!!

but i'm a huge geek so that probably isn't a plus.

"Impressiiiive.....Most impressive."

[quote user="SweetZombieJesus"]We did it plenty in 2007... Eli Manning just blew up the Death Star, Belichick as the Emperor, etc.

Now, in XLVI, it's a match of equals. like the rematch in Jedi. Luke absolutely belongs toe-to-toe with Vader. Indeed, you are powerful, as the Emperor has forseen.

[/quote]

The problem, however, is that the Pats are the Empire, obviously, and the next movie was "Empire Strikes Back" in which the Empire won (or at least gained the upper hand). Would we lose this time, and then beat them again in yet another rematch down the road?

And if this is "Empire" and we lose, does Eli break his throwing hand (Luke had his caught off)? And who winds up in the carbonite freeze? Cruz? AB?

[quote user="CDN_G-FAN"]

LOVE THIS !!!

but i'm a huge geek so that probably isn't a plus.

[/quote]

I'm a SW geek right up there too. Love the analogies!

Bench Player

LMAO the Pats been called the empire for years by Indy fans lol.....

I dont know how many games you guys see of NE but if you notice when they are on the road a lot of times when Brady and the O go on the field they actually play the empire song... I love it to me shows they fear my team. lol

Now bow down before your emperor .... roflmao

[quote user="PatsFanNH"]LMAO the Pats been called the empire for years by Indy fans lol.....

I dont know how many games you guys see of NE but if you notice when they are on the road a lot of times when Brady and the O go on the field they actually play the empire song... I love it to me shows they fear my team. lol

[/quote]"
    Never. I'll never turn to the Dark Side. You've failed, your highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me"

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="PatsFanNH"]LMAO the Pats been called the empire for years by Indy fans lol.....

[/quote]"
    Never. I'll never turn to the Dark Side. You've failed, your highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me"

[/quote]

I just noticed your sig. Burress watching his replacement lol
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

[quote user="PatsFanNH"]LMAO the Pats been called the empire for years by Indy fans lol.....

[/quote]

LOL -- nah, we'll just throw your *** down the shaft.