+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Was just leaving my Geriatrics class when my instructor started to talk about the game.

I was signing the attendance sheet before I was about to leave the class. And the instructor told me congrats on the SF win. I said thanks. He knows as most of the instructors and students that I am a Giants fan.

He told me what a game.Then said his favorite player in the NFL right now is Eli Manning. He said he was amazing getting hit about 20 times (he was giving me the stats) and yet he was still getting up. He didn't understand why he was getting such a bad wrap. He said right off the bat the Eli is clutch I laughed & agreed. He also said that he feels Eli is already better then Peyton. I said not yet (can you believe that from an Eli "homer") He still needs 2-3 more years to get there, even though he is more clutch then peyton & brady.

He hopes we win and beat the pats and that Eli gets his 2d SB ring. He believes we will win.

You have not heard the best part either. He is an EAGLES FAN. I know because we have talked about the Giants and Eagles for a while now.

People are starting to notice it. Nice for other fans too see past the BS & the talking heads.

He said we got lucky because of the two punts. I said I agree that the first one was a screw up by the Williams and he should have backed off it. But the second one was a great play by our ST unit. Then I said. Well I don't get it. SF lead the league in turnover differential (and he actually rattled a fairly accurate number of it as well) yet they were not lucky, how many wins did they get, and how about how much it helped their offense with all those turnovers. Yet no one brings that up. He smiled, laughed, and then realized I was correct. Wished us luck.

Good times.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

Re: Was just leaving my Geriatrics class when my instructor started to talk about the game.

You've got some veeerrrry smart professors at your school. And the only reason why your professor is a nice Eagles fan is because he's not living in Philly.

Mistakes are made and they are part of the game. We were experienced and mentally tough enough to avoid our own mistakes. The 4th quarter and OT both had a feeling of making less mistakes then the other team because it would probably decide the game -- which it did. The 49ers were always preaching ball security and limiting mistakes, and they were right. We played like we've been here before, and the 49ers notas much.

If we had lost the game due to those similar mistakes, everyone just would have been saying that the 49ers did their 49er-thing in producing turnovers and limiting mistakes. We do it, and it's luck. It's the same thing with Eli -- when he does well, it's just luck or the other team not executing.

Re: Was just leaving my Geriatrics class when my instructor started to talk about the game.

[quote user="JJC7301"]

You've got some veeerrrry smart professors at your school.* And the only reason why your professor is a nice Eagles fan is because he's not living in Philly.*

Mistakes are made and they are part of the game.* We were experienced and mentally tough enough to avoid our own mistakes.* The 4th quarter and OT both had a feeling of making less mistakes then the other team because it would probably decide the game -- which it did.* The 49ers were always preaching ball security and limiting mistakes, and they were right.* We played like we've been here before, and the 49ers not*as much.*

If we had lost the game due to those similar mistakes, everyone just would have been saying that the 49ers did their 49er-thing in producing turnovers and limiting mistakes.* We do it, and it's luck.* It's the same thing with Eli -- when he does well, it's just luck or the other team not executing.

[/quote]Only smart if he passes me in the class lol. He has lived here for awhile now. But pretty good guy, and knows his stuff.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

didnt know you were so old

i've creeped the eagles board, they have a 10 page thread on "Reid vs. Coughlin", that if you get past the homer posts (coughlin is just lucky.....and eagles are ripping people that post that), there's alot of stuff we don't necessarily notice about our Coughlin teams that they do.

[quote user="DragonSoul"]I was signing the attendance sheet before I was about to leave the class. And the instructor told me congrats on the SF win. I said thanks. He knows as most of the instructors and students that I am a Giants fan.

He told me what a game.Then said his favorite player in the NFL right now is Eli Manning. He said he was amazing getting hit about 20 times (he was giving me the stats) and yet he was still getting up. He didn't understand why he was getting such a bad wrap. He said right off the bat the Eli is clutch I laughed & agreed. He also said that he feels Eli is already better then Peyton. I said not yet (can you believe that from an Eli "homer") He still needs 2-3 more years to get there, even though he is more clutch then peyton & brady.

He hopes we win and beat the pats and that Eli gets his 2d SB ring. He believes we will win.

You have not heard the best part either. He is an EAGLES FAN. I know because we have talked about the Giants and Eagles for a while now.

People are starting to notice it. Nice for other fans too see past the BS & the talking heads.

He said we got lucky because of the two punts. I said I agree that the first one was a screw up by the Williams and he should have backed off it. But the second one was a great play by our ST unit. Then I said. Well I don't get it. SF lead the league in turnover differential (and he actually rattled a fairly accurate number of it as well) yet they were not lucky, how many wins did they get, and how about how much it helped their offense with all those turnovers. Yet no one brings that up. He smiled, laughed, and then realized I was correct. Wished us luck.

Good times.[/quote]

Good times for sure.

But I don't quite understand why people care what others think of Eli or anyone else on our team for that matter.

We all know who made it to the Super Bowl and nothing anyone says can change that.

Just like we all know how good Eli is now. No doubt he was was seen as one of the "luckiest" players around the country. But that perception is now changing, and rightfully so.

http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

[quote user="DragonSoul"]I was signing the attendance sheet before I was about to leave the class. And the instructor told me congrats on the SF win. I said thanks. He knows as most of the instructors and students that I am a Giants fan.

Good times.[/quote]

Sports radio in Philly was priceless yesterday....They have a guy called 'the cuz' who is the biggest Phila. homer ever. Hey was cyring like a 2 year old saying how lucky the Giants were and that the Eagles never have any luck.....haha. Eli Manning sinks....yadda, yadda, yadda.

Only the people that can't stand the fact that the Giants made the superbowl called it luck. Every other person calls it a good team.

[quote user="hadenough"][quote user="DragonSoul"]I was signing the attendance sheet before I was about to leave the class. And the instructor told me congrats on the SF win. I said thanks. He knows as most of the instructors and students that I am a Giants fan. He told me what a game.Then said his favorite player in the NFL right now is Eli Manning. He said he was amazing getting hit about 20 times (he was giving me the stats) and yet he was still getting up. He didn't understand why he was getting such a bad wrap. He said right off the bat the Eli is clutch I laughed & agreed. He also said that he feels Eli is already better then Peyton. I said not yet (can you believe that from an Eli "homer") He still needs 2-3 more years to get there, even though he is more clutch then peyton & brady. He hopes we win and beat the pats and that Eli gets his 2d SB ring. He believes we will win. You have not heard the best part either. He is an EAGLES FAN. I know because we have talked about the Giants and Eagles for a while now. People are starting to notice it. Nice for other fans too see past the BS & the talking heads. He said we got lucky because of the two punts. I said I agree that the first one was a screw up by the Williams and he should have backed off it. But the second one was a great play by our ST unit. Then I said. Well I don't get it. SF lead the league in turnover differential (and he actually rattled a fairly accurate number of it as well) yet they were not lucky, how many wins did they get, and how about how much it helped their offense with all those turnovers. Yet no one brings that up. He smiled, laughed, and then realized I was correct. Wished us luck. Good times.[/quote] Sports radio in Philly was priceless yesterday....They have a guy called 'the cuz' who is the biggest Phila. homer ever. Hey was cyring like a 2 year old saying how lucky the Giants were and that the Eagles never have any luck.....haha. Eli Manning sinks....yadda, yadda, yadda. Only the people that can't stand the fact that the Giants made the superbowl called it luck. Every other person calls it a good team.[/quote]

They're real problem is that they didn't spend enough during FA. And they need to trade up even more in the draft.

And they need more Dog Killers on their team. Plus, like every team, they need more cow bell.

[quote user="bansaw"]didnt know you were so old
    [/quote]Saw that one coming. Not as old as you I bet :-P

It is actually for the people (like you) they may end up in my office.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

[quote user="CDN_G-FAN"]i've creeped the eagles board, they have a 10 page thread on "Reid vs. Coughlin", that if you get past the homer posts (coughlin is just lucky.....and eagles are ripping people that post that), there's alot of stuff we don't necessarily notice about our Coughlin teams that they do.[/quote]It is nice to have an outside eye, if they are not really trying to one up you or down you. Normally you can tell/notice it.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul