+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Delay of game before field goal in OT

Turns out Tynes says it was a good thing, quote "We actually in hindsight got a really good spot after the delay of
    game," Tynes said. "Because [the spot for] 26 was pure sand and dirt.
    And then we go back 5 and it's just a nice little patch of grass. So
    that was cool."

All-Pro

Re: Delay of game before field goal in OT

[quote user="eastbayblue"]Turns out Tynes says it was a good thing, quote "We actually in hindsight got a really good spot after the delay of
    that was cool."

[/quote]

i wasn't happy at the time .. .especially with our FG horror show history at SF, but a great point is that Cundiff missed his FG with 1 sec. on game clock, so those 5 yards were probably well worth giving the whole FG unit time to collect themselves and execute

[quote user="eastbayblue"]Turns out Tynes says it was a good thing, quote "We actually in hindsight got a really good spot after the delay of game," Tynes said. "Because [the spot for] 26 was pure sand and dirt. And then we go back 5 and it's just a nice little patch of grass. So that was cool."

[/quote]

see? we only won because of luck......

[quote user="G-Man67"][quote user="eastbayblue"]Turns out Tynes says it was a good thing, quote "We actually in hindsight got a really good spot after the delay of game," Tynes said. "Because [the spot for] 26 was pure sand and dirt. And then we go back 5 and it's just a nice little patch of grass. So that was cool."

[/quote] i wasn't happy at the time .. .especially with our FG horror show history at SF, but a great point is that Cundiff missed his FG with 1 sec. on game clock, so those 5 yards were probably well worth giving the whole FG unit time to collect themselves and execute[/quote]\

Me neither. I couldn't believe that they actually had a delay of game penalty on a game winning kick in OT of the NFC championship game. The Giants are the champions of delay of game penalties.

Good thing it didn't cost them -- can you imagine THAT conversation.

All-Pro

[quote user="JJC7301"][quote user="G-Man67"][quote user="eastbayblue"]Turns out Tynes says it was a good thing, quote "We actually in hindsight got a really good spot after the delay of game," Tynes said. "Because [the spot for] 26 was pure sand and dirt. And then we go back 5 and it's just a nice little patch of grass. So that was cool."

[/quote] i wasn't happy at the time .. .especially with our FG horror show history at SF, but a great point is that Cundiff missed his FG with 1 sec. on game clock, so those 5 yards were probably well worth giving the whole FG unit time to collect themselves and execute[/quote]\

Me neither.* I couldn't believe that they actually had a delay of game penalty on a game winning kick in OT of the NFC championship game.* The Giants are the champions of delay of game penalties.*

[/quote]

it may have been calculated ... A. we didn't want to kick a fire drill FG like Baltimore did and B. we didn't want to use our only timeout (did we even have one?, they give you 1 in OT) ... in the event we needed to challenge something if Tynes missed it and the game continued

[quote user="eastbayblue"]Turns out Tynes says it was a good thing, quote "We actually in hindsight got a really good spot after the delay of game," Tynes said. "Because [the spot for] 26 was pure sand and dirt. And then we go back 5 and it's just a nice little patch of grass. So that was cool."

[/quote]

I keep saying over and over its Fate at work again for these Giants. And we all know the old saying about it.. You Cant Fight Fate

Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Let us also give credit for coughlin and the coaches for NOT calling timeout and Icing our own kicker.. We'll leave that for Jason Garrett and the cowboys lol.

Veteran

[quote user="eastbayblue"]Turns out Tynes says it was a good thing, quote "We actually in hindsight got a really good spot after the delay of
    that was cool."

[/quote]

Or in reality Tynes was thinking "Geez Weatherford, I know you're on the cusp of going to the Superbowl for the first time but even Eli on the sideline sees the clock winding down so please hike the damn ball". Except he'll cover for Steve in public. Sarcasm aside, you know Steve was nervous as anything.

Veteran

[quote user="NYG4ME"]Let us also give credit for coughlin and the coaches for NOT calling timeout and Icing our own kicker.. We'll leave that for Jason Garrett and the cowboys lol.
    [/quote]

Delay of game does the same thing as a time out.

[quote user="G-Man67"][quote user="JJC7301"][quote user="G-Man67"][quote user="eastbayblue"]Turns out Tynes says it was a good thing, quote "We actually in hindsight got a really good spot after the delay of game," Tynes said. "Because [the spot for] 26 was pure sand and dirt. And then we go back 5 and it's just a nice little patch of grass. So that was cool."

Me neither. I couldn't believe that they actually had a delay of game penalty on a game winning kick in OT of the NFC championship game. The Giants are the champions of delay of game penalties.

[/quote] it may have been calculated ... A. we didn't want to kick a fire drill FG like Baltimore did and B. we didn't want to use our only timeout (did we even have one?, they give you 1 in OT) ... in the event we needed to challenge something if Tynes missed it and the game continued[/quote]No challenges in OT.