+ Reply to Thread

Where Was The Safety Help Over The Top? Somebody Better Wake Up.

I'm not saying that it was Kenny Phillips fault but if not for Two passes to Vernon Davis for TD's The Giants would have posted another blow out. If you think you will get away with "miscommunications","mental lapses" and "breakdowns" in the Super Bowl and win then you are crazy. The Secondary shut the Packers down but it got scary in there against the 49ers. They did get it together so I'm not too worried but I hope that the coaching staff and team don't brush it under the rug. Everything has to be Precision in the Super Bowl.

Focus, Poise, Concentration.

Re: Where Was The Safety Help Over The Top? Somebody Better Wake Up.

[quote user="ikebibby91"]I'm not saying that it was Kenny Phillips fault but if not for Two passes to Vernon Davis for TD's The Giants would have posted another blow out. If you think you will get away with "miscommunications","mental lapses" and "breakdowns" in the Super Bowl and win then you are crazy. The Secondary shut the Packers down but it got scary in there against the 49ers. They did get it together so I'm not too worried but I hope that the coaching staff and team don't brush it under the rug. Everything has to be Precision in the Super Bowl.

[/quote]

LOL

yeah, we may want to work on defending the wheel route.

but knowing BB, he'll line up and start the play like its another pick/wheel route and it'll be a play to exploit us for making sure we've got the wheel covered.

[quote user="CDN_G-FAN"]

[quote user="ikebibby91"]I'm not saying that it was Kenny Phillips fault but if not for Two passes to Vernon Davis for TD's The Giants would have posted another blow out. If you think you will get away with "miscommunications","mental lapses" and "breakdowns" in the Super Bowl and win then you are crazy. The Secondary shut the Packers down but it got scary in there against the 49ers. They did get it together so I'm not too worried but I hope that the coaching staff and team don't brush it under the rug. Everything has to be Precision in the Super Bowl.

[/quote]

LOL

yeah, we may want to work on defending the wheel route.

but knowing BB, he'll line up and start the play like its another pick/wheel route and it'll be a play to exploit us for making sure we've got the wheel covered.

[/quote]

Bingo. BB and TB will have something special planned for us.

Veteran

[/quote]

First play was definitely on Antrel Rolle.

Second play, looked like Kenny Phillips was playing a trail technique and Corey Webster was suppose to help over top. Corey Webster followed a receiver into the middle of the field and got turned around and realized he needed to get over top of Vernon Davis. Just my take.

Veteran

[quote user="Seducer"]

[/quote]

First play was definitely on Antrel Rolle.

Second play, looked like Kenny Phillips was playing a trail technique and Corey Webster was suppose to help over top. Corey Webster followed a receiver into the middle of the field and got turned around and realized he needed to get over top of Vernon Davis. Just my take.

[/quote]

I'm not an X's and O's guru obviously but can someone tell me why Corey Webster was playing over top and Kenny Phillips looked to be on Vernon Davis?

All-Pro

well we know Rolle will take chances here and there, altho he has been more disciplined lately

on the other play, well sometimes you do have to tip your cap ... Vernon is a beast of a TE and the play was well designed ... the way to defend that play ... PASS RUSH

[quote user="G-Man67"]well we know Rolle will take chances here and there, altho he has been more disciplined lately

on the other play, well sometimes you do have to tip your cap ... Vernon is a beast of a TE and the play was well designed ... the way to defend that play ... PASS RUSH [/quote]

I agree and he only caught like three passes but two were TD's. That can't be allowed to happen in the Super Bowl.

[quote user="Seducer"]I'm not an X's and O's guru obviously but can someone tell me why Corey Webster was playing over top and Kenny Phillips looked to be on Vernon Davis?

[/quote]

Its actually pretty common to see that reversal. Its done to confuse both the QB and the receiver.

There are times when you have both outside CBs the deep players in a cover 2, while all the safetys are playing underneath coverage.

Quite often (noticed it more earlier in the season) that the corners would both be dropping deep and the safetys would fly up from their deep position and try to bait the QB into throwing a short pass right to them.

[quote user="G-Man67"]well we know Rolle will take chances here and there, altho he has been more disciplined lately

on the other play, well sometimes you do have to tip your cap ... Vernon is a beast of a TE and the play was well designed ... the way to defend that play ... PASS RUSH [/quote]

I agree and he only caught like three passes but two were TD's. That can't be allowed to happen in the Super Bowl.