+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Congratulations

Congratulations

I am a 49ers fan and wanted to say congratulations on your win. It was one heck of a game. The loss doesn't hurt as much as the way we lost. I think we were going to lose in the long run in over time anyway. Our offense went 1/13 on 3rd down ,and really 0/12. The only conversion was at the end of regulation in garbage time when you were playing prevent defense. Unless the 49ers offense found a way to get another big play out of vernon or break off a big run by Frank, we were going to eventually lose the field position battle, and I am sure Eli and that offense were goign to finally conect on a big play themselves. Obviously I wasn't rooting for that, but the writing was on the wall.

What killed me was how STUPID Kyle Williams was playing, and how the coaches allowed hm to continue to return kicks. He dove for a punt before the one that hit his knee, then he didn't know what he wanted to do when fielding the one that did hit his knee, and then he wasn't thinking about ball security in OT. As the Tuna himself is quoted saying time and time again, "Don't be that guy." Don't be the guy that loses you the game. It is a team sport, but Kyle Williams time and time again made mistakes to cost the team.

Now, here is where I really want to give credit to the Giants. You guys make people play a "perfect game of football." When teams don't play a perfect game against you, you make them pay. The Packers made stupid play calls and dropped a lot of uncontested passes. You had nothing to do with that, but you took advantage of their mistake and didn't make any of your own. That takes a lot of discipline. I think that is big reason why the 49ers are back, and will be a tough team for years. Here is to a lot more intense rivalry games in the post season!

Re: Congratulations

welcome and thanks.

That 9er defense is the best Ive seen since the 2000 ravens, add a couple players on offense and that team is going to be a really tough out in the future.

Thats very classy coming from a team that just got beat.You guys fought till the end .You have a great team. and tradition.

post here any time. great comments.

alot of your fans are pretty upset with k williams right now, but for those of us living in the WOrld of Coughlin for the last 8 years, we can't understand why after the diving fair catch on a punt, in the rain, and wind,in the first half, he wasn't pulled aside and told that ball security is his 1st, 2nd, and 3rd priorities, and everything else is gravy after that. Our guy called a fair catch and then ran with it, and was benched right after that with his replacement told to secure the ball and drop down before any contact.

Also, watching Gore rack up 4.6 yard/carry and Smith only get one 3 yard reception to a WR, none of us can understand why Harbaugh just didn't run it down our throats and play action us to death. We really couldn't stop Gore.

you have an awesome defense and a very good offensive line and a RB i wish we had.

but IMHO, kyle williams and the refs are getting too much flak and not enough attention is being placed on how Harbaugh handled this game.

That's nice coming from another team's fan. I thought the game for both team fans was exciting. Both teams got there for the same reasons...playing great football...period. The key to anything is captalizing on the mistakes when they occur. Hey look at the 2003 game against you guys we were beating you guys like crazy then in the second halfwe are fighting for our lives. Andwe have a botched FG to end the game and you guys beat us...that's sports.

[quote user="Burgermiesta"]Hey look at the 2003 game against you guys we were beating you guys like crazy then in the second halfwe are fighting for our lives. Andwe have a botched FG to end the game and you guys beat us...that's sports.[/quote]

I'll trade you wins. You can go play Philly or the Buccs in the divisional game in 2003 and we can go to the Superbowl in 2012. Fair?

[quote user="PGaither84"][quote user="Burgermiesta"]Hey look at the 2003 game against you guys we were beating you guys like crazy then in the second halfwe are fighting for our lives. Andwe have a botched FG to end the game and you guys beat us...that's sports.[/quote]

I'll trade you wins. You can go play Philly or the Buccs in the divisional game in 2003 and we can go to the Superbowl in 2012. Fair?
    [/quote]

LOL. It looks like we trade playoff wins anyway as it is.

We have played in playoffs or NFC Championship for a total of 8 times with each team winning 4 each.

I saw a stat on Giants. com... i will get it.. it is incredible... hold on

Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

[quote user="miked1958"]

[quote user="PGaither84"][quote user="Burgermiesta"]Hey look at the 2003 game against you guys we were beating you guys like crazy then in the second halfwe are fighting for our lives. Andwe have a botched FG to end the game and you guys beat us...that's sports.[/quote]

[/quote]

We have played in playoffs or NFC Championship for a total of 8 times with each team winning 4 each.

[/quote]

Found it.....

he is the quote i found on Niners Giants History:

*The Giants-49ers postseason series is now tied 4-4. The regular season series is tied, 14-14. Total points in the 36 games: 49ers, 738; Giants, 729.

4-New York Giants!!!!!

[quote user="miked1958"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Found it.....

*The Giants-49ers postseason series is now tied 4-4. The regular season series is tied, 14-14. Total points in the 36 games: 49ers, 738; Giants, 729.

4-New York Giants!!!!!

[quote user="miked1958"][quote user="miked1958"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Found it.....

[/quote]

Double post somehow. Mods. please delete one of them. sorry.

Wow. actually triple.. dont know how that happened. hit it just once. tried to delete 2 of them but it wont let me.

4-New York Giants!!!!!