Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2009 nfl draft

2009 nfl draft

Can you imagine the freedom and leeway we could have had in this draft had our two second round picks (Beatty, sintim) did not become busts? Insane freedom.. we could do whatever the hell we want in this draft.

What a bad draft class that draft was for the majority of the picks taken

Re: 2009 nfl draft

I wouldn't say sintim and beatty are busts. You generally have to wait at least 3 years before you declare anyone a bust. Sintim and beatty can still be great players for the giants.

always wish we could've have traded our second round picks to new england for clay matthews

Veteran

How has Beatty been a bust? He wasn't expected to step in immediately. They knew he'd take some coaching up. When he was starting this season the run game was dominant to the left, Eli had plenty of time to throw, and he stayed clean despite Beatty going up against some good pass rushers.

Beatty should be able to nail down the starting LT this season, allowing Diehl to slide over if Suebert takes over C, or doesn't come back from the injury.

Give Sintim another year. He was drafted for a system the Giants no longer run. If he doesn't perform this year, or Fewell can't find a place for him, then yeah, he's a bust.

But that happens, you cannot expect every draft to have 5 home runs in it... the 2009 draft is a success based on Nicks alone. If Beatty becomes a solid starter, and Barden and Beckum become impact players (and I believe they could), then it would be an Excellent draft.

i thought beatty played very well this season. Yes, there is room for improvement but we moved the ball well when he was in. Sintim, well, our front office needs to stop trying to fit square pegs into round holes. Not sayin clint still cant produce for us but these FO people have me scratching my head. Like they want 3-4 lb'rs in a 4-3 (kiwi,sintum tracy). idk maybe they are transitioning.....very....slowly.

Sintim is a bust. He tore his ACL, so next year is a wash and his first two years have been ****.

3 years right there-BUST.

[quote user="nevada11"]

Can you imagine the freedom and leeway we could have had in this draft had our two second round picks (Beatty, sintim) did not become busts? Insane freedom.. we could do whatever the hell we want in this draft.

[/quote]

Im still waiting for further explaination as to how beatty has been a bust?

He filled in quite well at times last year.

[quote user="gmen0820"]Sintim is a bust. He tore his ACL, so next year is a wash and his first two years have been ****. 3 years right there-BUST.[/quote]

Exactly. Thank you! People here are freaking hypocrites. If Sintim is a "great" player then why in the hell are we talking about what rookie will step in at SAM? Give me a break, damn

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nevada11"]

[/quote] Im still waiting for further explaination as to how beatty has been a bust? He filled in quite well at times last year.[/quote]He is not a bust. Sometimes people reach for the wrong word to make their point. He's been ordinary so far which after only 2 years means hehas upside and could stillprogress to "good." He does have nice feet and very good technique but he doesn't seem strong enough to me plus I haven't seen that requisite nastiness which all the really good OL posess.
    No one remembers who came in second.

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nevada11"]

[/quote] Im still waiting for further explaination as to how beatty has been a bust? He filled in quite well at times last year.[/quote]

"Quite well"? Um, no. He has played quite poor. Did you watch him against Brian Orakpo? He was getting beat off the ball against him about nearly every freaking time. He is highly inconsistent and has to arm bar pass rushers around their necks because he can not block.

Bust? He will never start for this team. Reese BEGGED Beatty to beat out Diehl. David MOTHER F*CKING DIEHL, a freaking convertedtackle fromthe guard positionwho Beatty is a much better athlete than and he couldn't do it!That's pathetic. Wait 3 years? For what? You think Beatty is going to turn it on and suddenly become a pro bowl tackle? Give me a f*cking break, Beatty is a career fill-in at tackle when a player goes down. For a highly touted second round pick he is pretty much a bust. I don't need to "wait" 3 years to see it. The same thing is said for Sintim

[quote user="nevada11"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nevada11"]

[/quote] Im still waiting for further explaination as to how beatty has been a bust? He filled in quite well at times last year.[/quote]

"Quite well"? Um, no. He has played quite poor. Did you watch him against Brian Orakpo? He was getting beat off the ball against him about nearly every freaking time. He is highly inconsistent and has to arm bar pass rushers around their necks because he can not block.

Bust? He will never start for this team. Reese BEGGED Beatty to beat out Diehl. David MOTHER F*CKING DIEHL, a freaking converted*tackle from*the guard position*who Beatty is a much better athlete than and he couldn't do it!*That's pathetic. Wait 3 years? For what? You think Beatty is going to turn it on and suddenly become a pro bowl tackle? Give me a f*cking break, Beatty is a career fill-in at tackle when a player goes down. For a highly touted second round pick he is pretty much a bust. I don't need to "wait" 3 years to see it. The same thing is said for Sintim

[/quote]
    So a 25 yr old kid, in his 2nd game a s a starter, had a couple penalties and he is now a bust?

Btw, Orakpo had 1 solo tackle that game and no sacks. Yeah beatty really sucked.

Beatty has done fine.