+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is It Mental Or Physical With Brandon Jacobs?

He should be able to lay out and get three yards without much effort. What is it? I really want him to succeed, I love to see him out in space or plowing through defenders. It is a crime to have a body like that and get stopped on third and short. He should be making defenses get out of the way or die trying to. What the hell is wrong? Why is he tip toeing through the tulips.

Re: Is It Mental Or Physical With Brandon Jacobs?

I believe it Both

To me it doesnt matter because this WILL be his last game as a Giant, Time for a New back to go with Bradshaw. Then another thing is we need a New LT,LG,and RT so this offseason will be a fun and interesting one to follow

[quote user="NYG4Life10"]

I believe it Both

To me it doesnt matter because this WILL be his last game as a Giant, Time for a New back to go with Bradshaw. Then another thing is we need a New LT,LG,and RT so this offseason will be a fun and interesting one to follow

[/quote]

Honestly dude ,I can't even go there. That is talk for spring to me. I want these guys to have fun in this Super Bowl and win. You can't buy or draft team chemistry.

[quote user="ikebibby91"]He should be able to lay out and get three yards without much effort. What is it? I really want him to succeed, I love to see him out in space or plowing through defenders. It is a crime to have a body like that and get stopped on third and short. He should be making defenses get out of the way or die trying to. What the hell is wrong? Why is he tip toeing through the tulips.
    [/quote]

When ever the subject of Jacobs being able todo this orthat I always come back to this:

There is a reason 99% of the running backs past, present, and future are not 6'5" and 265 pounds. There have been a few exceptions but as well all know excpetions are not the norm. The position calls for a more compact and lower type body profile.

He is too big, cant get nearly low enough, high center of gravity, and way too long legs for a RB IMO. He has been good but just because he is big doesnt really matter.

On the flip side I dont know why he is not used more for dump offs and the few plays he made in the begining of the season with those 15 yard passes down the side lines. Would like to see more of that.

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

[quote user="GameTime"]

[quote user="ikebibby91"]He should be able to lay out and get three yards without much effort. What is it? I really want him to succeed, I love to see him out in space or plowing through defenders. It is a crime to have a body like that and get stopped on third and short. He should be making defenses get out of the way or die trying to. What the hell is wrong? Why is he tip toeing through the tulips.
    [/quote]

When ever the subject of Jacobs being able to*do this or*that I always come back to this:

There is a reason 99% of the running backs past, present, and future are not 6'5" and 265 pounds. There have been a few exceptions but as well all know excpetions are not the norm. The position calls for a more compact and lower type body profile.

He is too big, cant get nearly low enough, high center of gravity, and way too long legs for a RB IMO.* He has been good but just because he is big doesnt really matter.

On the flip side I dont know why he is not used more for dump offs and the few plays he made in the begining of the season with those 15 yard passes down the side lines. Would like to see more of that.

[/quote]

1000% agree

Veteran

Both. With the line not up to Giants standards this year, his type of running isn't going to work well. The line gets very little push most plays so he cannot get a head of steam going. When he has momentum its hard to tackle him at the legs, when its just his first few steps, its easy. Mental in that they want Bradshaw to be the starter, Jacobs wants to be the starter, so he keeps trying probably to bust out big runs instead of going full ahead.

All-Pro

well it's both, but i've seen every single team in the NFL struggle on these short yardage situations .... when NFL defences know what's coming ... they stop it most of the time

Jacobs is a runner that needs a hole, especially at this point in his career ... he needs to get a bit of a head of steam and then he can do damage either by blowing up DBs or with his surprising speed for a guy his size

Bradshaw is a much better option for us in short yardage b/c he is harder for the defence to see, he does a great job of keeping his legs moving, he has lower center of gravity, he can fit thru much smaller holes and he runs as hard as any back in the league

Veteran

its the line why don't people understand that. jacobs doesn't have the acceleration speed to hit the holes fast enough before they blocked up so its imperative that they create some type of running room fast long enough for him to build up steam to power through whoever else. honestly i say experiement with him at TE in the offseason if we don't want to let him go jsut a thought

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Banned

I don't understand why they don't convert him into a fullback.

[quote user="BurnerNYG"]I don't understand why they don't convert him into a fullback.[/quote]

if he cant get low enough to an effective RB then he will never be able to get low enough to runblock properly...

Just ask Hynoski. Thats was his problem coming into the NFL. He had to change his technique.

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch