+ Reply to Thread

Sundays Road win over SF made NYG 7-0 in such games

I made a more detailed thread about this a few days ago, so if u want scores and real stats go to that one. but to keep it simple.

We have played rematch games to teams we lost to in Regular season 7 times since 1990 either in the Playofffs or SB.. We are now still perfect at 7-0 thanks to the Gmens victory the other day...Awesome Stat.

Also worth noting.. Since 1986 We have had to face 3 teams we beat in the Regular Season again in playoffs or SB. We are 3-0 in those games. Will have a chance to make that 4-0 vs Pats on Feb 5th.

So the moral of story or FUN FACT as some call it, that it does not seem to matter to the Giants either way. Some say you cant beat same team twice (or in case of Skins in 86, 3times) in a season or a certain team has your number (like in 07 when dallas beat us twice) but it does just not seem to apply to the NYGs who are now 10-0 overall in games of this nature... about to be 11-0 IMO....lol

Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Re: Sundays Road win over SF made them 7-0 in such games

yeah but you have to put a "*" beside the 7-0 record and then disclose that we got lucky in a couple of those games......

Veteran

[quote user="CDN_G-FAN"]yeah but you have to put a "*" beside the 7-0 record and then disclose that we got lucky in a couple of those games......[/quote]

I think it's a given that if we win it's luck.

[quote user="CDN_G-FAN"]yeah but you have to put a "*" beside the 7-0 record and then disclose that we got lucky in a couple of those games......[/quote]

Yes true, true.according to Certain 49, GB, Pats and tons of other fan bases....

they just can handle the fact that the Giants when they get on a roll like this its like trying to Fight Fate when you try and beat them. and we all know that you just Cant Fight Fate. So why try

4-New York Giants!!!!!

Re: Sundays Road win over SF made NYG 7-0 in such games

[quote user="miked1958"]

I made a more detailed thread about this a few days ago, so if u want scores and real stats go to that one. but to keep it simple.

We have played rematch games to teams we lost to in Regular season 7 times since 1990 either in the Playofffs or SB.. We are now still perfect at 7-0 thanks to the Gmens victory the other day...Awesome Stat.

Also worth noting.. Since 1986 We have had to face 3 teams we beat in the Regular Season again in playoffs or SB. We are 3-0 in those games. Will have a chance to make that 4-0 vs Pats on Feb 5th.

So the moral of story or FUN FACT as some call it, that it does not seem to matter to the Giants either way. Some say you cant beat same team twice (or in case of Skins in 86, 3times) in a season or a certain team has your number (like in 07 when dallas beat us twice) but it does just not seem to apply to the NYGs who are now 10-0 overall in games of this nature... about to be 11-0 IMO....lol

[/quote]I'll call it a fun fact but nothing to really chew on. We've had several head coaches and numerous turnovers among the players since 1990. Heck, we've even redesigned our uniforms a couple of times since then. It's like if you hit on black at the roulette table 9 times in a row, the next one is still around 50/50 red versus black. Still, I like fun facts. Keep em coming!
    No one remembers who came in second.

[quote user="jomo"][quote user="miked1958"]

[/quote]I'll call it a fun fact but nothing to really chew on. We've had several head coaches and numerous turnovers among the players since 1990. Heck, we've even redesigned our uniforms a couple of times since then. It's like if you hit on black at the roulette table 9 times in a row, the next one is still around 50/50 red versus black. Still, I like fun facts. Keep em coming![/quote]

Will do. But its ironic that its the giants that have these crazy trends... We have alot going for us though for real. A QB that does not get shaken. Has 5 road playoff victories now (most in NFL History) and a Coach with 7 that ties him with Landry. Those stats wont help vs pats but nice to know and that we have most of our key players back all at once.

Hey did u see the video i posted from FB on the Pats fan that got all mad when our FG went through and it was a GIVEN they would have to play us??? Funny. If not its worth a look. Check it out

4-New York Giants!!!!!

Lets keep that record perfect.

[quote user="nygsb42champs"]Lets keep that record perfect.[/quote]

Thats what i am saying. I know like most guys on here are saying its not a big deal and it was done over many seasons and has no bearing on Feb 5th... but to me its a nice little piece of history to hold on to that prob most teams cant say. I know going back to 80 or 81 we did lose some of those type games. I know for sure SF beat us in 2 such games.

BUT its a cool stat..and we should try to keep it in tact.

4-New York Giants!!!!!

[quote user="miked1958"]

[quote user="nygsb42champs"]Lets keep that record perfect.[/quote]

Thats what i am saying. I know like most guys on here are saying its not a big deal and it was done over many seasons and has no bearing on Feb 5th... but to me its a nice little piece of history to hold on to that prob most teams cant say. I know going back to 80 or 81 we did lose some of those type games. I know for sure SF beat us in 2 such games.

BUT its a cool stat..and we should try to keep it in tact.

[/quote]

side note: to make sure i wasnt wrong i went back and checked the 05, 06 and 08 seasons to make sure record was not flawed and i maybe overlooked something cause we got knocked out in first round all 3 times.

IN 05 we lost a Home game to Carolina but did not play them in Reg Year so it would not count against our 3-0 HM Rematch Record.

06 and 08 we lost to Philly in both games but it doesnt count because we spilt with them in both seasons. In the seasons i counted Div Rivals like in 86 we swept redskins and won the rematch and in 90 we were swept by the Cowboys and won the Rematch.

So far as i can see the 3-0 and 7-0 runs are in tact. Lets make it 4-0 on teams we beat in Reg Yr by beating Pats on Feb 5th....

Hey who knows. if it keeps up it may be something that is talked about years and years from now.

4-New York Giants!!!!!