+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

KGs Failure was glaring in the loss to NO & here is why.

While KG does call some great games, more then not, he is ho hum in his play calling. He is similar to Fewell were imho they try to make the players fir their schemes vs making the schemes fit the players strengths.

So how was it obvious? (yes i Know Fewell was the main problem) Eli went for 21 consecutive passes that were caught? Why did that happen? Because they used the 3-10 yard routes and let the WRs make plays since they knew NO would keep it all in front.

Most teams have trouble defending those routes and in the same instance it helps the QB and receivers get on the same page and flow. It also makes the defenders have to cover the WHOLE field not just 15 yards back.

I do like taking our shots downfield, but KG really needs to create more plays that can work for our guys speed, agility and elusiveness in quick slants, hooks, crossing routes.

If KG would incorporate more of that, I feel everyone on O would benefit from it, including (Especially) our Oline
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

Re: KGs Failure was glaring in the loss to NO & here is why.

The short routes were successful because the Saints had a huge lead and were willing to give them up

But I agree that we have to at least try that type of route since our running game is awful . . . .

Bench Player

Maybe we get Norv Turner as OC next year

All-Pro

All I know is that they haven't scored a TD in the 1st half of the last 4 games.

Is it KG, the OL, both, or something else. I don't know but it's horrible.

[quote user="buddy33"]All I know is that they haven't scored a TD in the 1st half of the last 4 games.

Is it KG, the OL, both, or something else. I don't know but it's horrible.[/quote]
    Such a sad stat

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]The short routes were successful because the Saints had a huge lead and were willing to give them up

But I agree that we have to at least try that type of route since our running game is awful . . . .[/quote]
    Did go deep a few times but either overthrew, under threw or the ball was dropped
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

[quote user="GMENAGAIN"]The short routes were successful because the Saints had a huge lead and were willing to give them up But I agree that we have to at least try that type of route since our running game is awful . . . .[/quote]along with the short passing game and Bradshaw back in the lineup, we can control time of possession and keep Rodgers and the Packers high octane offense off the field. They cant be effective standing on the sideline. Here's to hoping!
    “Winning is a habit. Unfortunately so is losing.”
    -Vince Lombardi

HOW CAN PEOPLE BLAME KEVIN GILBRIDE!!! DID U WATCH THE DROP PASSES AND THE INACCURATE THROWS....AM I WATCHING A DIFFERENT GAME!?!? Turnovers, dropped passes, wrong routes and inaccurate passes have plagued the Giants can we put all that on a offensive coordinator? Give me a break...I guess Gilbride is holding back our juggernaunt offense lol. I dont mind the short passing game since our GM chose to neglect the Offensive Line since coming here in 07. How long did he expect O'hara, Snee, Seubert, Mckenzie, and Diehl to hold up? And when u look at that group we still never had a true Left Tackle but I guess that play calling is the reason for our offensive line not blocking as well. If u fire Gilbride, nothing will change...just like nothing changed when Sheridan was fired. People was loving Fewell when he came here and seen what he did for Buffalo...but alll of a sudden his scheme sucks? Also it looks like Buffalo's defense is struggling without Fewell, I bet they would love to have him back, while we continue to search for a coordinator to work miracles with a defense that has given up.

[quote user="T-Murda84"]HOW CAN PEOPLE BLAME KEVIN GILBRIDE!!! DID U WATCH THE DROP PASSES AND THE INACCURATE THROWS....AM I WATCHING A DIFFERENT GAME!?!? Turnovers, dropped passes, wrong routes and inaccurate passes have plagued the Giants can we put all that on a offensive coordinator? Give me a break...I guess Gilbride is holding back our juggernaunt offense lol. I dont mind the short passing game since our GM chose to neglect the Offensive Line since coming here in 07. How long did he expect O'hara, Snee, Seubert, Mckenzie, and Diehl to hold up? And when u look at that group we still never had a true Left Tackle but I guess that play calling is the reason for our offensive line not blocking as well. If u fire Gilbride, nothing will change...just like nothing changed when Sheridan was fired. People was loving Fewell when he came here and seen what he did for Buffalo...but alll of a sudden his scheme sucks? Also it looks like Buffalo's defense is struggling without Fewell, I bet they would love to have him back, while we continue to search for a coordinator to work miracles with a defense that has given up.[/quote]you completely missed the point. That game was not on him, but it showed you were he goes wrong in the play calls. Ala no short intermediate routes unless they are wr screens. Instead he prefers to go deep on most routes and it puts more pressure on everyone on O.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

[quote user="DragonSoul"]While KG does call some great games, more then not, he is ho hum in his play calling. He is similar to Fewell were imho they try to make the players fir their schemes vs making the schemes fit the players strengths. So how was it obvious? (yes i Know Fewell was the main problem) Eli went for 21 consecutive passes that were caught? Why did that happen? Because they used the 3-10 yard routes and let the WRs make plays since they knew NO would keep it all in front. Most teams have trouble defending those routes and in the same instance it helps the QB and receivers get on the same page and flow. It also makes the defenders have to cover the WHOLE field not just 15 yards back. I do like taking our shots downfield, but KG really needs to create more plays that can work for our guys speed, agility and elusiveness in quick slants, hooks, crossing routes. If KG would incorporate more of that, I feel everyone on O would benefit from it, including (Especially) our Oline[/quote]

kind of like a West Coast offense right?.......

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch